Monday, March 1, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,



I took Max out of his portable crib at 5:30 AM on Sunday morning. He smiled as I picked him up once again. We tried to be quiet but it was difficult with the addition of the two dogs who also wanted to go out and play with grandpa.

After a hearty breakfast for Max around 9 AM, Kyla packed up everything, including Max, and they head back to East Boston. From what I found out it was a happy reunion. The last time that Max saw his father was last Monday night at 6 PM.

After they left, I put away all the baby items from portable cribs, toys, booster chairs, books, etc. You wouldn’t even know that we had a 6 month old in our house for a week.



There is an 11 AM memorial service on Cape Cod for whole family who were killed in a small engine airplane crash in Belize. The memorial website for Mike Casey and his family is heart wrenching. Mike is survived by his parents and a brother and a sister I believe. I don’t know how the remaining family members can ever get through a tragedy like this.



Linda has a busy week coming up. Every event that was cancelled last week has been rescheduled for this week. After she makes it through today’s errands, which will require going to multiple stores, she will have her Tuesday Mah Jongg, Wednesday BONCO, Thursday dinner / book club meeting. She has a body maintenance procedure on Friday.

I might have a Friday baby sitting gig in East Boston to take care of Max while Kevin and Kyla attend the above mentioned memorial service on Cape Cod.

Saturday night we are off to the Skyline Country Club for a 40th birthday party for an Irish Sister friend.

I should be able to squeeze in a few days of ice-fishing. I also have to visit Mom in the nursing home.



The following, week we are involved every day of the week since we will be attending several meetings, 3 covered dish functions, Irish American Club St. Patrick’s day dinner/dance, Polenta Dinner at the ITAM, and partying with two guests from our Irish Sister City who will be flying into Logan from Ballina, Ireland. Our Irish guests will be with us from March 8 through March 15. The third week of March has St. Patrick’s Day falling in the middle of the week so you know that we will be busy on that day.



I will be at the door of Retro Fitness at 4:30 AM today. I have to get back to my workout routine. Baby sitting is like a workout, but not all of the parts of the body get used. My male and female friends who I see at the gym are probably wondering where I have been.



The earth quake in Chile has dominated the news over the past few days. Are Haiti’s problems now put on the back burner? The media just packs up and move their film crew to the newest disaster.



Politics -- It is back to the table on the Health Care Issue. I was wondering where all the sign holding protesters come from. How can they afford to be at all these rallies? Does some one or some big time corporations pay for them to attend these rallies? Are the protesters from the ranks of the unemployed?



Sports – I did watch the exciting Olympic Hockey Game on Sunday afternoon while Linda was at her Red Hat Brunch and Shakespearian Play. I was alone for almost 5 straight hours. I was in heaven!



Well, I have to finish my cup of coffee, and select my workout clothes.

Have a great week at work or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: