Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,



Max woke up around 6 AM on Saturday morning with his normal smile. Max and I tried to be pretty quiet, but it only lasted for an hour or so before Linda heard me talking loudly to Max. I went out to do a little snow blowing while Max and Linda bonded. I woke up most of the neighborhood when I started up the snow blower.



Our son called to say that Kyla made it to Boston at 11:30 PM on Friday. Kevin and Kyla were both going to come to the Berkshires until he received a telephone called about the small air plane crash in Belize. The person Mike Casey, his wife, and their two young children, and their experienced pilot all perished in the crash. Kevin was totally devastated. He went to his friend’s destination wedding several years ago. I imagine that Kevin will be involved in the funeral in some capacity.



This tragedy is another example of my philosophy that life is so unpredictable that enjoy it while you can. Give your loved ones hugs each day, and keep your friends close by.



On a happier note, Kyla did arrive in Pittsfield a little after noon. I missed her arrival since I was in the kitchen helping to prepare for the 500 person Polenta, chicken or venison dinner at the Berkshire Hills Country Club. I came home one tired buckaroo at 8:30 PM. I lasted one hour before I headed off to bed.



While I was doing my thing, Kyla, Linda, and Max entertained three sets of friends, Judie Culver, Nicole DiSimoni and her one year old Eva, and the Lampiasi’s with their couple month old daughter. I did arrive home to visit with the Lampiasi’s.



I am not sure what the time frame is for Kyla and Max to head back to East Boston. All I do know is that Linda has a Red Hat brunch at a local restaurant, and then the Red Hatter’s are going to a play at the Shakespeare and Company theater complex in Lenox. This is the first time that she has been out of the house since we picked up Max on Monday night in East Boston.



I was supposed to attend an ice-fishing derby at 6 AM this morning at Pontoosuc Lake, but I am still trying to recover from the full day that I had on Saturday. I will return to the frozen ponds sometime next week.



While at the Polenta dinner, I saw so many of my former students. The volunteer servers, who were hospital personnel, had to come into the kitchen to pick up the food. One former female student even remembered Linda’s maiden name because she was a student in Linda’s biology class in the early 70’s before we got married. Does this mean that Linda and I are old?



I am in charge of rescuing Max this morning once again. I have the baby monitor on right now, and it is sitting next to me and the lap top. Max and his little Lamby doll are out like a light. I forgot to mention that the two dogs are with us. It is rather difficult for the long hair Dachshund to go dashing through 10 inches of snow. Short legs do have its disadvantages whether you are a dog or a human. Also my Bobcat story has Kyla being a little gun shy about letting the Dachshund out at night unattended.

Kyla said that Boston had no snow. She said that about 20 miles from Exit 2, which is her exit to get off, snow appeared everywhere. She agreed that it was a winter wonderland in Pittsfield.



Well, I have to grab another coffee and try and read the local newspaper before Max wakes up. I will have to wait until the other adults wake up before I can get to the Boston Globe.

Have a great Sunday.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: