Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,



I accomplished all of my tasks on Monday. I had to go back to our Tax preparer because I forgot a couple of documents. I do this every year.

My UNICO meting went well. I picked up another pasta dinner at which I volunteer my kitchen and serving talents.



Linda is hosting her Tuesday Mah Jongg session at our house. A crock pot soup is on the menu. I am making a loaf of bread in my bread machine. I usually dine with the ladies, and do some errands when they start playing at noon time.

We are also engaged this evening at 6 PM. We have our monthly Pittsfield Irish Sister Committee Meeting at the Pittsfield Library. There appears to be a full agenda so we will be there for at least an hour.



Weather – Our local weather prognosticators say that we are on the fringe of tomorrows mid Atlantic snow storm. The local guy is predicting a dusting, but of course if the track of the storm changes, we could get more. I am guessing that we will be getting the lower amount of snow or possibly nothing at all. The weather channel right now says 3 to 5 inches on Wednesday which is in conflict with the local guy.



Politics – The word on the street is that Sarah Palin is going to take a run at the Presidency when the President’s term is up in a few years. I think that her old hair do makes her stand out from the rest of the field. If the election were to take place today, I think that she would have a good chance of winning the election. The President needs to have a couple victories with respect to some of his proposals, or he could possibly be a one term President.



Observation – Yesterday, I had some time to waste in between the oil change and the meeting with the Tax Preparation person. I decided to stop at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee. Yes, I actually spent money to purchase a coffee. It hurt so much paying $2.13 for large coffee. I took my coffee to a quiet part of Dunkin Donuts, and started to read the local newspaper.

While I was just sitting there minding my own business, and not wanting to talk to anybody, a guy sits down two tables away. He starts up a conversation. He was sitting there without any Dunkin Donuts products. I must appear like this approachable guy who anyone can talk to.

I found out that this nice Jewish man was living in adult public housing at a place in Pittsfield called Columbia Arms. He used to live in Myrtle Beach until he had a heart attack several years ago. He came back to this area because he has relatives living here. He said that his relatives never stop in to see him. He said that he was an osteopathy doctor. He also said that there are some mentally ill people who live in public housing. As an example, he said that there is this one crazy woman who calls the police, and claims that everyone whom she comes in contact with touches her inappropriately, or she cries rape. The UPS guy delivered a package to her the other day. She called the police, and said that she was raped. The police are very familiar with this wacky woman.

I finally asked this guy, “What do you do all day?” He said that he volunteers taking some of the elderly to doctor’s appointment or to free meals at one of the local Temples. When I left the place, I did see his car which was parked next to mine. His license plates had an Lv (means livery) on it so I surmised that everything he told me was the truth. If you saw the way that this guy had parked his car, you would never ride with him. The front bumper of his car was within one inch of the brick building next to Dunkin Donuts.

I am not going to this downtown Dunkin Donuts for the rest of my adult life.

I listened in on a conversation of some other interesting people at Dunkin Donuts, but I will save that story for another time.



I just returned from Retro Fitness. When you skip a couple of days, the workout routine takes a bit more effort. There were no distractions at all when I left at 5:30 AM.

Well, I have to check my bread which is cooking in the bread machine. I told Linda that if the bread didn’t come out great that I was heading off to the grocery store before the ladies arrived at 11:30 AM.





Have a great Tuesday!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: