Monday, February 8, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,



The Curley’s had a very nice Super Bowl Party. Only two male friends stayed until the game was over.



The clean up was relatively easy since most of the food was consumed. The sausage and home made meat balls that we prepared in a crock pot, and the crock pot of chili brought by other friends were a big hit. We also had wings, one set were home made, and the others were purchased. Even the guy who brought the prepared wings liked the home made wings the best. I think there might be two of the purchased wings left. Of course, there was the usual chips and dips, nuts, etc.

All of us who were convinced that the Colts were going to win the game had our bubble burst. The wife of a couple, who we invited last minute to join us for the festivities, won our little football pool. I bet that they were glad that they decided to make it to the party.



Linda and I want to thank all of you who attended the party. It would have been kind of boring if I was “man cave” watching this game alone. It is good to have a nice set of friends like you guys. Mark next year’s Super Bowl on your calendar.

The only thing that could change is that if Kevin and Kyla move into a house. I am guessing that we will be invited to a Super Bowl Party at their house. It might be time to pass the party torch on to the younger generation.



Can you imagine what it must have been like on Bourbon Street last night in New Orleans? The partying must have gone on all night long.



The results of the game just convince me once again to never listen to all the sports’ talking heads. One writer for the Boston Globe on Sunday said that he couldn’t figure out how the Colts could lose the game. He was convinced that the Colts were the superior team. I wonder what he has to say in his column today.



Not too many commercials during the Super Bowl were memorable.



I believe that I am the only one who is socially engaged today. My day starts with an 8 AM oil change appointment for the Subaru, a 10 AM visit with our tax preparer, and a 6 PM UNICO board meeting.

For Linda, I have a feeling this will be a “leave me alone”, and “don’t bug me, or ask me any questions”, etc type of day for her. She deserves a day like this for sure!



The weather continues to be windy and cool. It is 15 degrees right now, and we will reach the middle 20’s. The weather channel is tracking another storm. The areas of the mid Atlantic states, which got hit over the weekend, are in for another 5 to 8 inches of snow. We will be getting some snow this time. It starts on Tuesday night into Wednesday. The local weather prognosticators said that we are going to get snow, but it is not a snowmageddon event. There is a chance that the dome of cold air, which kept us snow free over the weekend, can do the same thing for this upcoming storm.



Politics – I see where Sarah Palin has let her hair down. I liked her old hair style more than the current one. She still is spouting the same old stuff that she did when she was running for Vice President for the Republican Party.



Observation – Life without football has begun. The question for me is whether I have the interest to watch the upcoming Olympics. I know that Linda will be watching the ice-skating for sure. She even made the comment yesterday that if she ever won the lottery she would go to the Olympics for sure. I am not excited about the Olympics as she is, but I suppose it would be neat to be at the venue for the particular sport which you are watching.

If I won the lottery, I would want to attend the Super Bowl!



I do want to return to the frozen ponds, but I have such a busy week that I will have to wait until next week.



Well, have a great week at work or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: