Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,



We picked up our grandchild from East Boston (soon to be a resident of North Tewksbury) on Monday. We arrived in East Boston around 4:30 PM. We had some food from our son’s restaurant, packed up the stuff which a 6 month old requires, and headed back to Pittsfield at 6 PM. The traffic heading west to Pittsfield wasn’t too bad. Max was his usual good self, and slept all the way on the ride to our home.

When we arrived home at 8:30 PM, he woke up for some play time, and bottle just before bedtime. Max and I went to bed around 10 PM while Linda stayed up to watch the Olympics. His usual bedtime goes from 7:30 PM until 6 or 7 AM.



The nervous parents called just about the time that we got back to Pittsfield. I was wondering what their lives are going to be like without their child for a few days. I think that this might be the first time that they will be away from their child for several days. My philosophy that “Separation is Good” doesn’t apply in all situations.



Weather Channel Predictions – Even though things might change, the forecasters are saying 1 to 3 inches of snow for today and another 5 to 8 inches for tomorrow. The numbers are shrinking as I type this message. It looks like Max will be doing a little sledding before we take him back to Boston on Friday.



Social Calendar – Linda has her usual Tuesday Mah Jongg session weather permitting. I have a 1 PM REAM (Retired Educator Association of Massachusetts) meeting at the Berkshire Mall. Max has now become part of the social calendar that Linda and I have. The plan right now is that Max will be with me for my 1 PM meeting. What will really be nice is that instead of taking out a photo album of the grandchildren, I won’t need any photographs because I will have one of the real things with me!



We are firing up the crock pot today. One of our local supermarkets has a sale on Pork Shoulders for $1 per pound. This cut of meat makes for some great pulled pork sandwiches.

Besides the one we are preparing today, I sealed (Food Saver Seal a Meal device) 3 more, and put them in our freezer.

Since we will be busy taking care of our grandchild, our crock pot will be getting a work out. This device is good for busy people who have a limited amount of time (and energy) to cook suppers.



Politics – I was glad to see that the newly elected Republican from Massachusetts decided to vote with the Democrats on a jobs issue. Maybe there is some hope that the voters in Massachusetts elected a good person for Ted Kennedy’s position. My fear is that Republican leaders won’t let Scott Brown vote this way too many times.



Well, I have to grab a cup of coffee, and read the local newspaper before Max wakes up. I am on the early shift with respect to taking care of Max. The nice thing is that some of his naps coincide with my naps especially the one in the afternoon.



Have a great Tuesday.

You know what the Curley’s will be doing today.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: