Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,



The heat is back on. We didn’t go through the gas company. My local plumber and his assistant did the job in less than an hour. I should have gone to him on Saturday when the hot water tank died. It was a learning lesson for the Curley’s.

The jet engine sounding fans are still going. I wasn’t able to return the basement back to normal on Tuesday. The restoration guy said that he was still detecting water, but it was in the wall, and not on the carpeting. It will be 72 hours of fan blowing, and dehumidifying as of today. If he thinks that there is still much moisture in the walls, then he turns this fact over to Liberty Mutual Claims. The adjuster is coming on Friday.

I was willing to pay the plumber when the job was completed, but he is going to send a bill. He likes to put all this stuff on his computer.



It is like a winter wonderland right now. The dusting of snow has covered up the dirty snow. The snow showers should cease at some time this morning.



I can’t believe that they won’t allow tailgating at the Super Bowl in Florida. The terrorist threat is to blame for this!

Partying will not be a problem at the Annual Curley Super Bowl Party. Our guests will be arriving at 4 PM. Some of the people who have to work on Monday will probably last until a little after half time, but there still will be a good deal of fun and merriment for several hours. Anyone who doesn’t like football can at least enjoy the socialization, and the commercials. On Monday morning, the commercials get analyzed just as much as the game itself. The Budweiser commercials usually end up being the winners.



Politics / News – I went to the CNN Webpage, but it was same old same old. One article which did peak my interest was the recanting of the Autism Study. There is no link between immunization and autism. I wouldn’t want my child in school to be sitting next to a non immunized child.



Observation – As I was driving my car to Retro Fitness on Tuesday, I was thinking about the Toyota incident. Can you imagine all the lawyers seeking clients for people who have been in car crashes due to sudden acceleration problem? The lawyers and clients are going to make some serious bucks out of this mess. I want to know how long that Toyota knew that there was a design problem before that they came clean.



While Linda was at Mah Jongg yesterday, I tired making a small batch of wings from a Food Channel recipe. The wings came out good, but I had to spend a good deal of time in the kitchen even though the recipe was simple. I made them come out crispy with this recipe which bakes them, but I concluded that it might have been easier just to purchase them all prepared at a local supermarket, or a restaurant.

The best wings and drum sticks that I have ever made were on the grill, and by using a device that Linda picked for me after the grilling season was over. If I used the device in the house, the oven would have been one greasy mess, and the smell of chicken would have permeated the house.



Well, it is time for me to go to the gym.

Yesterday the guy was late opening the gym. The regulars were not happy.

Retired people have a different concept of time unless it is with respect to going to wakes, funerals, and early bird specials.

Have a great Wednesday in whatever part of the country that you are located in.

Talk to you soon. Then Curley Lad

No comments: