Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,



Our Sunday went exactly as planned.



We spent the morning reading the Boston Globe, and the Berkshire Eagle. I made us some healthy French toast with real maple syrup.



We headed off to the ITAM for the 1 PM officers’ meeting. We made it through the regular membership meeting which took place from 2:30 PM until 3:45 PM. The joy in this meeting is that Linda and I have two more months of meetings before we give up our officer positions in the ITAM. This means that the third Sunday of every month will be totally free for Linda and I. We will still attend ITAM functions like the Polenta Dinner on March 11, 2010, or other dinner dances, and fund raisers, but we will not be officers anymore.



After the ITAM we headed to our friend’s home in Dalton. At 5 PM, we headed for our evening dinner and a concert in Northampton. The restaurant that we went to was new for me. They make their own pasta, and their own desserts. We had a leisurely dinner especially since the waitress took her time serving us even though the place wasn’t busy at all on a Sunday night. Everything which they served was very good except for one appetizer that I wouldn’t recommend. Yes, I would go back to this place in a heart beat!



After supper, we walked to the Calvin Theater which was a block from the restaurant. The Pink Floyd (Pink Floyd Experience) concert was okay. The couple whom we were with was aficionados of the group which played most the original Pink Floyd songs. They were not impressed with this group. I thought the concert was pretty good except for the young adult who spilled his beer on my jacket.

It was midnight by the time my head hit the pillow. Linda stayed up to watch the Olympic coverage.



Speaking of the Olympics, I will have to watch some replays of the U.S. Hockey team’s victory over Canada, and Bode Miller winning a gold medal in skiing.



Weather -- As the children return to school today, it does appear that we might have a stormy week. We could get some significant snow over the next 3 or 4 days. The weather people keep talking about the rain / snow line. We in the Berkshires will be flirting with this line. The trouble days are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Our son and his family in Kansas had a snow event on Sunday which they said that they enjoyed.



Our baby sitting gig this week might be in jeopardy, but Linda and I are going to East Boston today to visit our grandchild whether he will stay in East Boston, or whether we will take to the Berkshires for a multi day visit.



Linda also has been working on securing airplane tickets to Kansas for some time frame in March. We have to visit our other grandchild, Isabelle, before her new brother arrives in mid May.



Also, we would like to be around for the closing on the house which Kevin and Kyla have decided to purchase in North Tewksbury. The date is not quite firm, but Kevin told us it would take place at the end of March or early April. I am not volunteering to lift heavy boxes or the monster television that Kevin and I carried up two flights of narrow stairs in their two floor apartment above the restaurant. My heavy lifting days are over. I can lift the grandchild, and that is about it.



Well, I have to do a few quiet activities, fill up the gas tank in my car, and get rid of some of my ice-fishing clothes which I have sprawled in the back seat of my Subaru.

Have a great week and work or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: