Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,



The saga in the cellar still continues. Yesterday the Restoration guy and the Claims Adjuster were both here at the same time. Holes have been punched into the interior walls of our storage area in the basement, and fans are hopefully drying up certain portions of the cellar where moisture has still been detected. The stuff which we had to take off of the walls, are still spread out over the couches, tables, and the portion of the floor which received no water damage. They both assured us that things will be back to normal for our Super Bowl Party on Sunday. We hope so!

If the hole drilled in the sheet rock does solve the moisture problem, the insurance company does have someone come in, and fill in the holes.



We spent another pleasant day together on Wednesday. Linda used her domestic goddess skills and prepared a lemon chicken dish. Some mashed potatoes, and broccoli crowns made for a delightful supper. Every time she goes through the effort of making a gourmet meal, I tell her how much money we saved by not going out to eat. She is not in agreement with my form of logic. Whatever happened to housewives being in the kitchen, and actually enjoying while preparing meals for their loving husband?



Could you believe the landlord, and his tenant fighting over a baseball size meteor which fell from space into the tenement’s place? They have to go to court to see who legally owns the meteor.



Kevin and Kyla are looking at houses. They almost narrowed it down to their first choice.

Their search got me to thinking about the first house which we moved into in Pittsfield at the southern end of city. We left a $125 per month rented apartment with the heat, and utilities as part of the rental fee to move into our first house. Our first house was nice, but we had one bathroom, and no garage, and a basement which I eventually finished off. I remember taking my father through the place, and he wasn’t totally excited about our selection. Linda and I (mostly me) am not going to interfere with Kevin and Kyla’s selection of their first house

We spent 12 years in our first until we sold it to a former student and her husband in 1985. This means that will have been in our current house for 25 years this coming August. Where did all the time go?



I finished savoring the book from our local author which I purchased on Sunday. I liked his first one a little more.



I didn’t go to the gym this morning. I think that I will go to Retro Fitness after the Restoration Guy shows up at our doorstep at 10 AM today. I am so hoping that his electronic moisture detecting device shows very low or almost no moisture in the target areas. The rugs are completely dry. I can’t return stuff to the walls because the fans are too powerful.



Weather – We are going to be grazed by a coastal storm this Saturday. I dome of cold air is going to push the storm out to sea. Things can change, but it is too early to tell what is really going to happen.



Politics – The new senator from Massachusetts has risen to star status, and he hasn’t even proved himself. They already have him as a possible candidate for President. For me, he is just another pretty face. Every time that I turn on the television, he is being interviewed by some member of the media. Sarah Palin—You step aside for the big boy!



I wish that I was invited to the Hooters Pool Party in Florida while they are preparing for the Super Bowl. Talk about distractions!



We have to go off and do some errands which we postponed on Wednesday.

Have a great Thursday!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: