Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,



Hope that you all had a pleasant Friday.



The one hour radio program that we were on went well. Linda was a little fearful of going on the program, but the radio host put her at ease. She only kicked me once as a warning to be careful when I responded to a particular question from the host of this daily show. I think that she might be willing to go back on the radio talk show in the future.

I never did get a chance to tell the public of some of the upcoming events of the Italian and Irish Clubs which we belong to. I will save that for another guest appearance.



Linda and I can’t believe that the current snow storm didn’t leave a single drop of the white stuff in our region. Washington, D.C. doesn’t need to have 2 feet of snow on the ground. We would have loved to have been snow bound here in the Berkshires. Not all of our friends agree with our position!



We are in for another day in the 20’s. My turtle necks and wool sweaters have been getting a workout this winter.

I have to find some time to return to the frozen ponds. The hot water tank affair really did cut into my ice-fishing.



We have another busy week coming up, and I am not sure if I can spend a single day on the ice.

Looking on the positive side, the nights have been so cold, that the ice will take a long time to melt. There is still a good deal of ice-fishing left for this season.



After the radio program, we had a pleasant lunch at a nearby restaurant. Our lunch turned out so much better than the evening meal.



We did have to go to Walmart to pick up a couple of home related items.



We joined another couple for supper at one of the Italian restaurants in Pittsfield. Only the men were happy with their meals. The ladies ordered Chicken Parmesan. The Chicken is supposed to be breaded, fried and then baked with a cheese topping. Boiled or poached chicken turned them both off. Linda and her friend make a better Chicken Parmesan than the meals which they served us at this place. The pizza, which we had as an appetizer, was the best part of the meal.

Home cooked meals are still the best. My male friend and I just have to convince our wives. Our wives current position on this matter is that they spent their younger days in the kitchen preparing meals for the growing family, and now it is time to be waited on as we enter the golden years. What a difference a generation makes!



Our Super Bowl party is starting to come together. Some people have already told us what they are making and bringing for food. It will be a fun day of consuming high calorie foods and beverages. Linda and I did watch a Friday program on how to watch your calories as well as the low calorie foods which we should have at such a party. We know what to do, but we (mostly me) don’t think that we can follow the suggested guidelines.

We are not sure of the head count, but I am guessing it will be in the 15 to 20 range. It could go higher if our friend’s adult children are able to attend the party. For me, “the more the merrier” is the rule of thumb.



We are prepping two items today, one of which will be going in a crock pot. The paper products and beverages (both alcohol and non alcohol variety) are all set. We didn’t purchase paper products with the logos of the teams which are in the Super Bowl. The prices for such products were outrageous at Walmart. If you see an NFL logo on any product, you will be paying more for the item. 12 paper plates with a Colts or Saints logo was too much for the Curley’s. If the Patriots were playing, you could get by with paper products which are Red, White, and Blue.

The doors open at our house at 4 PM, but I am guessing some people might not arrive until 5 PM except for a few diehard party goers like myself.. I will be watching the Lakers vs Celtics game which has a 2:30 PM start time. My neighbors will be at the game in Boston. I am hoping that they stop into our party on the way home. If they see cars in our driveway, the party will still be going on.



Politics – None since they had to take the President out of Washington with the predicted snow storm.



News – I haven’t read the news yet, but I did hear this on the radio yesterday. An 11 year old girl from Massachusetts had a baby the other day. My first thoughts were, “Why is an 11 year old even having sex at all?”



Well, I want to start preparing one of the items for the Super Bowl Party, but I can’t. Is using an electric hand mixer a quiet activity?



Have a great Saturday and Sunday.

The Curley’s are off to a good start.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: