Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hello on Super Bowl Sunday

Dear Friends,



It is another one of those “To travel hopefully is better than to arrive” days.

Do you think that Super Bowl Sunday is just another reason to have a party?

Everyone on my daily blog is invited to the party, but I know that my relatives and friends from Florida, Ohio, or from the eastern end of the State aren’t coming to the party because they have to go to work on Monday. Maybe some day in my lifetime, the Super Bowl will take place on a Saturday night instead of on a Sunday night.



Taking care of the details is the most difficult job of having a party (as well as the clean up). Trying to anticipate everything that is needed to host a party so that Linda and I don’t have to go up and down the cellars stairs is not as easy at it seems. In the end, it is all worth the effort!



After having so many parties, I know what kind of beverage that each of the party goers likes.

The same thing holds true for food. One person may not like onions, and another person may not like spicy food. For iron stomach Fran, there is pretty much nothing that I will skip unless it is the ones which I am allergic too (clams, mussels, oysters only, no other fish or ocean products.)



I just got through setting up a crock pot full of Super Bowl food. The epicurean delights should be ready when the guests arrive.



The talking heads from the sports’ world have been analyzing this game from top to bottom. The analyzing will continue all day long and right up until kick off. I don’t know about my readers, but I am tired of it all. Let’s play the game!

A majority of the talking heads are leaning toward a Cots win. The Colts are favored by 5 points as of yesterday. Most of my friends would like to see the Saints win since they have never been in a Super Bowl. I am still picking the Colts to win.



“Snowmageddon” is a new word coined by our President at a meeting of Democratic Leaders on Saturday.



We couldn’t believe how much snow the northern mid Atlantic regions picked up as we had a sunny but cool and dry day here in the Northeast.

There is a storm brewing for us on Wednesday in the Northeast.



Wednesday night, Linda and I agreed to judge a Science Fair Contest at my former High School. It always seems to snow on the day of this Science Fair. The make up date is the following Wednesday, but we are tied up on this date.



According to a USA Today report the other day, 51 % of people watching the Super Bowl are more interested in the commercials than they are in the game itself. I think that is great that football fans, and non football fans can actually exist in the same room at the same time. Just think if we could do this with respect to our Congress. A lot of positive results could happen.



Well, I hope that you all have a great Sunday.

There will be much fun and merriment before this day is over in the Curley household.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: