Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,



We are still without hot water. Our gas company subcontracts out plumbing and electrical work for a hot water heater. On Monday, the plumber comes to look at the situation, and wants to punch holes in walls to vent a new water heater because he claims that it can’t be vented like it normally is which is into our chimney. We then need an electrician to hard wire in a carbon monoxide detector. The plumber said that there is some new code in Massachusetts. A normal $400 tank and a couple hundred to install it has become an expensive nightmare.

We are going to contact our normal plumber, and see if he can skip this new code stuff.



Well, I have loaded up a gym bag, and I am going to shower at Retro Fitness this morning.



Linda has Mah Jongg today, and I will hopefully try and get a plumber in here to put in a new water heater without the complications.



The five fans are still going, and the cellar is starting to dry out quite nicely.



We have a couple of days of snow showers which begin this evening. I wonder if the snow showers will bring a dusting, or enough to fire up the snow blower. Linda met a neighbor up the street yesterday while she was at the Super Market. His hot water is starting to leak also. His basement is not finished off like ours is.



At times like this, Condo living seems attractive, but when you have family visiting, we do like the extra living and entertainment area.



I am half way through the local author’s book. There was really nothing to do yesterday while waiting for telephone calls, and talking to the plumber, and gas company personnel.



If I was handy in the plumbing field, I would get a hot water tank at Home Depot, and replace the tank myself.



Politics – I am really not thinking about politics right now. The hot water tank is the only thing that is on my mind. Being able to take a shower at home, using the dish washer, and have hot running water is the top priority.



Have to grab a cup of coffee, and select some gym clothes. I am going to be at the gym when it opens at 4:30 AM.

Have a pleasant Tuesday.

Linda and I are hoping that we have hot water soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: