Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

It was a long and hectic day for the Curley's including Kevin and Kyla, and
our grandchild Max.
The move has been completed, and Kevin and Kyla, and Max slept in their new
home for the first time
Linda and I are at the Brodeur's because the bed for the spare bedroom has not
been assembled yet.

The creatures are trying to adjust to their new surroundings including a back
yard which they haven't been allowed to go out in yet. Frankie Beans, and Billy
have met another dao , and his owner while the movers were unloading the truck
yesterday.

It is amazing how much stuff which Kyla and Kevin have accumulated during the
few years which they have lived in East Boston. It got me thinking about all the
stuff which Linda and I have accumulated.
I say "Bring on the dumpster" if we ever decide to move. People don't know
what stuff is until they have seen the 50 + buckets which have throughout the
house, garage, and storage shed.

The plan for today is for Kevin and I to head off to the apartment in East
Boston for some touch up work, and rug cleaning. The Brodeurs and Linda will be
going over to Kevin and Kyla's new home to check it out once again, and for
Linda to take care of Max while Kevin and me do our thing while Kyla unpacks
kitchen boxes.

Last night we had a wonderful Turkey Breast Dinner at the Brodeur's with our
son and his family since Kevin and Kyla have a refrigerator with only beer in
it. Kyla will have to go off and get some basic supplies before this day is
over. The nearest Supermarket is about 6 miles away from their home.

Kevin and Kyla are so lucky to have the Brodeur's just one street away. If
they need any assistance of any kind, they are a one minute drive from on
another. If Kevin ever needs a tool of some kind, Jerry has more tools than the
average small hardware store.
If Kevin needs a carpenter, the Brodeur's son is a certified contractor. If
Todd resided in the Berkshires, I could have all of our friends contact him for
any kind of work both inside and out side of their homes. When Linda and I
decide it is time for a new kitchen. Todd will be the go to guy. He has already
given us an estimate on a new roof which I can see will will need in a couple of
years. We would have to provide food and lodging for him and crew of guys to do
a large project, but that will be a cheap price to pay for the quality of work
which I have seen him do.



There is a crack in the windshield of my Subaru. April is my inspection month,
but my car could never pass inspection with this crack which seems to grow
whenever I go over a bump in the road.I think a Berkshire rock hit my
windshield, but the crack didn't appear until Saturday morning at the
Brodeur's. The cold start to the morning got the crack to begin.

I am waiting for Kevin to give me a call so that we can head off to East
Boston. The renters will be moving into the East Boston apartment on Monday
morning. Some spackling, and some touch up paint, and some vacuuming needs to be
done before the renters move in. I am hoping that we can get stuff done in 3 or
4 hours. Simple projects always end up being longer than planned.

Have a great Sunday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: