Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,



I am a little late this morning with my daily blog because my head hit the pillow at 1:45 AM this morning. My brain is quite foggy today. I missed my 4:30 AM Retro Fitness workout. I feel okay. My personal breathalyzer device wasn’t working last evening because of dead batteries, but I was a good boy!



Wednesday went as planned for me. I made my soda breads before heading off to the radio station for an hour long session. The radio show went pretty well. It is amazing how many city residents listen to the program each day. Many people at the Italian American Club said that they heard me on the radio.



I left the radio station, and visited my mother in the nursing home. As planned, I came home and took a nap before the celebration began. My two reserved tables were full at the Italian American as well as well as every other table in the hall. The food, fun, and merriment was enjoyed by everyone. Marilyn Gerardi kept her winning ways by winning the 50/50 raffle which was $160. Pretty much every time she sits at the Curley table, she wins something.

No one left this Italian version of corned beef and cabbage hungry.



As the dinner broke up, most people went home, but not the Curley’s. We headed off to the Brew Works to listen to some good old Irish music. We departed the Brew Works at 10 PM. Linda was starting to fade, so I drove her home. I headed off to a house party, and lasted until 1:45 AM.

During our travels, we (mostly me) met some interesting people. I met a former student who had trouble going to school. She now is a single mom, who I found out from reliable sources, is a strict hard working Mom. She wanted me to help her in math since she has gone back to school and is working toward a nursing degree.

Another guy I met graduated with our oldest son Michael. He works over at General Dynamics doing nuclear submarine stuff. He married a girl 10 years younger; this woman was one of triplets. I had her brother in class at Taconic. I met another former student who is now a member of the Muslim religion. Another former student I met is a UPS driver who just happens to deliver packages on our street. He made the comment that my wife sure has a lot of packages delivered.

One of the oldest partygoers was an 89 year old guy who left with his younger honey about the same time that I left. As he got to the top of the of the cellar hatchway steps, which are steep, he falls on the ground. He was not inebriated. The steps are too steep for his 89 year old legs. He rolled when he fell on the moist grass, and luckily he didn’t break any body parts.



Well, I have to take a shower, and hopefully will perk up a bit before my father and Aunt arrive for a corned beef and cabbage dinner. The corned beef has been in the crock pot since 10 PM last evening. I have to deal with the potatoes and carrots after I take a shower. We did invite anyone who was free for lunch to come and join us. The guest list might increase by noon time.



Have a great Thursday.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: