Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

Linda and I had a pleasant day on Wednesday. We decided to catch a 12:40 PM matinee at Beacon Cinema, and then do Lunch at Shiro’s Japanese Restaurant. The latest Bruce Willis movie was okay, entertaining, but kind of dumb. When you get senior citizen discounts for the tickets, then the pain is less. The lunch at the restaurant was very good. Eating rice with chop sticks was quite a challenge.

After the movie, Linda processed some grandchild pictures at a nearby CVS. I waited for her in the car since the process is long and slow. Linda did have a few hours of relaxation before she went off to her 7 PM BONCO session. I had the Boston Celtics to keep me entertained.

Our social calendar has us both engaged today. She has her Dinner / Book Club meeting at 6 PM while I will be at the Italian American Club helping out with another Pasta Fund Raiser. This is for a joint school hockey team since many high schools in the county are too small to support their own hockey team. The weather is going to be okay so the turn out should be very good.

Observation – Every Sunday there are multiple coupons which arrive in the local newspaper and the Boston Globe. While Linda was cutting some out, she always asks me if I use a particular product. Well, I decided that I have to get into the 21rst century with respect to the body wash products. I am from the old school of using a bar of soap, but when I stay at the homes of relatives and friends, I very seldom see a bar of soap in their showers. There is all those make you smell good body wash products. I ask Linda to pick me up some while she was out doing errands the other day. If any guests shower in my house, you will have access to body wash products. I tried them for the first time, and I found it difficult to use them. They body wash seems to slip out of your hands, and most of the product fell off my body before doing the job. The second day, I went back to my bar of Irish Spring soap. I guess I will give the body wash product another try today. Maybe I need an assistant in the shower with me!

Politics / News – It appears to be the same old stuff day after day. There are a lot of unhappy and sick people out there. From the politician who have big corporations providing vacation junkets for them, to the now discovered abuse in the a German Monastery since the 1950’s, to the sex offender who is linked to the California teenager who body they found, to the never ending wars all over the world, etc. You have to make sure that you are happy in your own little world so that you can be shielded from all this turmoil.

I slept a little late today so I missed my regular 4:30 AM Retro Fitness time. I might go when the beautiful people are there. If not, I will be there tomorrow.

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: