Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,



Another Day went as planned.



Our Irish guests departed from Pittsfield near 1 PM, but I don’t have details about their departure.



I am up early because I am going to be at the doors of Retro Fitness at 4:30 AM. I got a workout yesterday trying to clean the first floor of the house in preparation for Linda hosting today’s Mah Jongg Session. I even took out our rug shampoo device, and did a quick cleaning of the carpet. It might be time to consider replacing some carpets. This is exactly what our neighbors did last week. They replaced every carpet in their house.



When I had the house turned upside downtown, Linda went off for several hours to do some errands.

While she was at several stores, I whipped up a bunch of mini loaves of Irish Soda Bread. Each of the ladies will be taking one home today. I found out that one batch of batter can make 6 mini loaves of the Curley Lad’s Irish Soda Bread.



Linda came home with a couple of pieces of corned beef. My father and Aunt Gladys are coming to our house for a corned beef and cabbage lunch on Thursday. I invited my Uncle Joe and his wife, but they are both are having health issues. They have a bunch of appointments on Thursday. .Linda and I will make up a care package of corned beef and cabbage, and I will drop them off after their last appointment. I am going to whip up a couple of Irish Soda breads for them too!



Our UNICO meeting went well! The meal was prepared by some members at the Italian American Club. Veal Parmesan, stuff shells, salad, appetizer plate, vanilla ice cream over a brownie made for a great meal.

We have another Pasta Dinner next Tuesday to work. I have a Golf Tournament Meeting right in the middle of the Pasta Fund Raiser. Another approach / approach conflict!



Observation – Last week the politicians were discussing standard subject tests for students across the nation. This is not some earth shattering concept. I always said that early in my teaching career because of the influx of students as we became a more mobile society. If you were taught Algebra I in one State, your body of learned knowledge should be exactly the same in another State. This was not often the case when I was teaching.



It is hard to believe that St. Patrick’s Day is tomorrow. Two of the booked in activities can’t be changed. We have reserved two tables for the 6:30 PM Corned beef and Cabbage dinner at the Italian American Club on Newell Street. We definitely have to make an appearance at a party at the home of the funeral director who just turned 40 last week. Another Irish friend is playing music in a band at the Brew Works. Some people are gathering at the Shamrock. There is also Patrick’s Pub which will be packed for sure. Can we make St. Patrick’s Day a more than one day celebration?



I think that Friday might be the only totally free day we have this week. Saturday were are booked in for a house party, and Sunday we are off to Mohegan Sun on a bus going out of the Italian American Club. Next week doesn’t look any less busy.



Well, I have to select my workout wardrobe.

Talk to you soon.

The Curley Lad

No comments: