Friday, April 15, 2011

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

Our Thursday went pretty much as planned. I did a few errands in the morning, made Linda a soft boiled egg for breakfast, puttered around the house a little, before we headed off to the wound clinic for her 2 PM appointment. She still didn’t get a clean bill of health from the surgeon who dealt with her at the wound clinic. She is to continue on with taking antibiotics, and having the VNA nurses come to our house to change bandages every other day. The bandage is down to the size of a bandaid, but they are still packing what now is a very small incision area. Linda saw a new surgeon yesterday, and he said that the hernia, which Linda had, was a difficult one to repair. It even had its own name. He started to say that from his experience, he would have done … He stopped the conversation because he didn’t want to get the original surgeon in some kind of trouble. It was like one colleague protecting another. Since Linda has to have her bandage changed on Saturday, I will be heading off to baby sit our grandson Max in Tewksbury alone in a few short hours. I will be leaving Pittsfield no later than 8 AM.

The Polenta dinner at the Italian American Club was wonderful. I sat with a couple who spend the winters in Florida, and they are on my daily blog too. They just came back from Florida a couple of days ago. They said that the heat and humidity was just starting to arrive in Florida. That was a signal for them that it was time to head back to the Northeast. They have a place in Bradenton, Florida.

Linda was at a new book club gathering at a friend’s hom while I was at the Polenta Dinner. I didn’t get any details because I fell asleep at the end of the Bruins’ hockey game which I was watching in bed.

The Boston Bruins Hockey team did lose the first game of the playoffs in their division. For some reason, the Bruins struggle against Montreal even though Montreal has been a mediocre team this year. Oh Darn!

The Red Sox are back in action tonight. I hope that the Sox can start a winning streak, and get themselves out of last place.

The Celtics’ first playoff game takes place on Sunday against the New York Knicks.

The weather in the Berkshires and the weather in Tewksbury will have the same highs and lows. I think that the Berkshires might have a chance of rain on both Saturday and Sunday.

I forgot to mention the other day that my bird feeders were knocked to the ground, and some creature(s) ate all the sunflower seeds. I wasn’t sure if it was raccoons or bears. Well, I got my answer a day after the incident. The bear left a deposit in my yard. It is their way of marking where an easy and free meal can be found. Usually at this time of the year, it is a mother bear, and her cubs. One of my bird feeders was high off of the ground. I have it attacked to a thick branch of our maple tree. I am guessing that Mom sent a cub up the tree, and knocked down the bird feeder. The bear straightened out the decorative “S” hook that the bird feeder was hanging from. I forgot to take in the two feeders that I have left in my yard last night. I turned on the flood light in my back yard a few minutes ago, and the bird feeders were still there. Since most people are sleeping now, the bears could attack my bird feeders any minute now. The slightest bit of noise will have me up and off of the kitchen chair which I sitting at right now.
My bird houses are getting a lot of action. This time of the year, the birds are starting to build nests, and they will be producing off spring too. A pair of swallows has returned to the same bird house which I put out last year. I cleaned the bird houses before I put them up. I have 4 or 5 bird houses up right now, and almost every one is being used.

Politics - A couple of my conservatives friends on my blog can’t believe that I think that our President is doing a good job with what he had to work with. Not every move he made has been stellar, but he is really trying to get the United States back on the road to economic recovery. My conservative friends thinks that when he speaks that there is no substance to his speeches, but even my conservative friends have to admit that the President does have command of the English Language. My friends are convinced that I must live in some fantasy world because I believe what the President says.
Donald Trump got himself in trouble once again by saying that the younger President Bush was one of the worse Presidents which we have had.
The air traffic controllers falling asleep can be traced back to President Reagan when he busted their Union, and the downsizing eventually came back to put the lives of the flying public in jeopardy. Since my conservative friends think that I am living in some La La land, tell me what President Reagan did which was so great. He gave us “feel good” speeches and trickle down economics, and teachers in Massachusetts (and Federal workers) not being able to collect a pension and social security, etc.

Well, I have to finish my morning routine, and gather some last minute items for my trip east.
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: