Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,



The wind is howling, my garbage cans which I put out last night after my night of revelry, are tipped over, and the bottles and cans are rolling down the street.

The shorts and short sleeve shirts won’t be able to be used for this day. We will be in the 40’s for most of this day.

Every time that I think of putting away the winter gear, and changing over to summer like clothes, a cold front moves in.

I shut off the heat in our house the other day, but I will be turning it back on when the hypothermia sets in.

I also imagine that our friends who are visiting relatives in Florida will be sending an email telling us how warm it is there.

My golf clubs will be staying in the back of my car for another couple of days.



Linda had fun playing Mah Jongg on Tuesday and you know how my time spent with our Pakistani guests went.



Our 6 PM Irish Sister City meeting went well also. As predicted, it lasted for about an hour. I will be typing up the minutes of the meeting when I finish this blog.



For some of us, the meeting continued at Patrick’s Pub. Linda was driven home by a friend because she was getting tired, but I stayed a bit longer. When I left, there were still a few friends from of our original table of 20 left.

We also celebrated the birthday of member’s son who turned 21 years old on Tuesday.

The party for him actually continues in Las Vegas today. 10 people will be heading to the Albany, New York airport mid morning today to get on a non stop Southwest airlines flight to Sin City. One of the 10 people has never been to Las Vegas. If Linda didn’t have her health issues, we would have been on that flight to Las Vegas with them.

Linda and I really like Las Vegas, but several of our friends have no desire to go back to Sin City.

If this trip works out well for the 10 people, this trip could be an annual event.



The Pakistani’s did show up at the Pub, but they didn’t have anything to eat or drink. Two of the Irish Sister Members engaged in conversations with them for at least 30 minutes. Since it was raining, a sister city person drove them to the Bed & Breakfast where they were staying. The Bed & Breakfast was within walking distance of the Pub.



The Pakistani’s said that they had a desire to go to a Catholic Church, and a Synagogue before their stay in Pittsfield is over. They leave Pittsfield next Thursday.



Social Calendar – I am off to a doctor’s appointment at 10:30 AM. Linda likes to go with me because I never know the appropriate questions to ask. I also forget much of the stuff that the doctor tells me.

After the appointment, we will probably do lunch somewhere, I will take an afternoon power nap most likely.

In the evening, Linda will be heading off to her Wednesday Knitting group. She hasn’t been able to attend this weekly event in a couple of months.

I am going to do a Chicken Novena while Linda is with her Knitting friends. I hope that there is a fragrant candle in our house. I would cook the chicken on the grill on the deck, but it is too cold to do so.



Our Pakistani friends have a full schedule today. After a full day of learning activities, someone is picking them up at 5:30 PM. They will be dining at this person’s home.



I am going to call dear old dad to see how his follow up appointment went at BayState Medical Center in Springfield on Tuesday. My sister took him to this appointment. I am not sure if he heard those magical words that he can return to his normal activities, which includes driving his car once again.



Sports – My Red Sox have the worst record in the American League East Division. They lost again last night in their home baseball park. It is so sad to watch them play. We fans really hope that things get better. The Boston Bruins and the Boston Celtics are ready to start the playoffs in their respective sports.



The Japan Nuclear crisis rivals the Chernobyl one according to the latest reports. The rest of the world is in the usual turmoil.

A couple of 20 year olds robbed a kids’ lemonade stand in Texas. The Police caught the two perpetrators who made off with a jar of money which totaled $130 dollars. The kids were raising money for some really sick kids.



The body count in Long Island is up to 10 people. The neighborhood is in a state of fear.



Well, I have to end this e-mail, and get to the minutes of the Irish Sister City Meeting while they are fresh in my mind.



Have a great day at work, school, or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: