Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

Sunday was a much more physically pleasant day for Linda than on Saturday. Her multiple hour adventure with a girlfriend in Williamstown went very well. I was content to stay home and overdose on watching sports. I did one outdoor project before I decided to be a coach potato. I squeezed in a nap too while Linda was doing her thing because I wanted to be able and stay awake through the whole 8 PM Red Sox vs Yankee baseball game.

The VNA nurses showed up at 8:30 AM to observe and change Linda's smaller bandage. We had never seen these two nurses before. One was being trained so that is why there were two nurses on Sunday. They thought that her wound was healing very well.
Linda had less discomfort which means less pain medication. She is trying to ween herself off of the pain medication.

Since the VNA nurses came on Sunday, Linda is now in a Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday bandage changing schedule. This means that I will be doing the weekend babysitting for our grandchild Max alone in Tewksbury. This might be difficult for me to chase around an active Toddler for a couple of days, but I will be up for the challenge. If I get overwhelmed, I always can ask the Brodeur's for a little help since they live one street over from Kevin and Kyla's home. My goal is to take Max outside, and tire him out. I want to tire out this energizer bunny so much that when it is nap time or bed time, he will sleep like a rock. I will probably sleep like a rock too!

When Linda arrived home from her Williamatown adventure, I was couch bound, and watching the Masters. She grabbed her knitting and we watched the golf tournament to the very end. A pizza place less than a mile from us made our supper.
I wanted to cook some chicken leg quarters on the grill, but Linda doesn't love that type of chicken. I will save the leg quarters, and have a Chicken Novena when she is out with girl friends, and when I am home alone.

I must admit I did overdose on sports on Sunday. The Bruins, Celtics, and the Red Sox were all in action. The Red Sox were the only Boston based team which won. The Red Sox finally got some great pitching from the Red Sox starting pitcher. Josh Beckett was finally in the zone. He only gave up a couple of hits during the eight innings which he pitched. The closer came in and the ninth inning, and he did what he was supposed to do. I went to bed a happy man because of this Red Sox win.

Social Calendar -- I have a UNICO board meeting tonight at 6 PM. I think that Linda has nothing on her social calendar. I think that Linda wants a do nothing day because we have a full calendar from Tuesday right through the weekend. Her next wound clinic appointment takes place on Thursday.

Politics -- I see where China is blaming the United States and the Internet for causing all the unrest in the world. Maybe the leaders in China can see an upheaval of their political system. China has such control of their political system that they can squash any form of protest with military might. If they can keep their people in the dark on all of global unrest, they can continue to control the masses.
I also see where the Donald Trump is pushing for President Obama's birth certificate. I am not sure if that is a good way to win the hearts and minds of people as Donald seeks the nomination of the Republican party. I would think that a presidential candidate has more pressing matters which he should be discussing if he wants to become the next President of the United States.

Observation -- While cleaning our two cars over the weekend, I did notice a few bumps on the Kia. I am guessing that some of them were caused during the two weeks when Linda was in the hospital. I watched how some people parked in those sometime narrow spaces in the parking deck at the hospital. I was wondering if when people make contact with another car, they would look at the damages, and leave a note when necessary. The passenger side front bumper was scraped by another car, and I can't rub out the scratches. I don't know how a person could just drive away without leaving a note. Even if the person wrote a note without their name, and said that they were sorry for striking my car, I would be somewhat happy.

The weather is starting to become more springlike. The first two days of this week have chances of afternoon thunderstorms, and for the next three days we have a chance of showers each day.

Our Atlanta friends were visiting relatives in Florida for the past few days. Hot and humid, and in the 90's. Linda got a call from one of those friends last evening as they were sitting by the pool having a cocktail. I was in my Man Cave watching the Red Sox game.
This telephone call got me thinking of how both Linda and I have no desire to spend a life in a State in the south. What motivation would a person have to do outdoor projects in that heat and humidity? When I was doing that assembling project the other day, I was on my deck. The temperature was in the 50 degree range. It was sunny, and there was no humidity. When I cleaned both cars inside and out over the weekend, it was pleasant to be outside, and not overwhelmed with heat and humidity. The Southern States are a nice place to visit, but when we return back to the Berkshires, we both agree that there is no place like home.
We have some States in this hot and humid weather, and they are dealing with wild fires. Another State or two are dealing with flooding rivers as the snow in the mountains starts to melt.
Our biggest issue is when are the tulips going to bloom?

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: