Friday, April 22, 2011

Hello on Good Friday

Dear Friends,

Hope that your Thursday went very well because it did for the Curley's.

I see that my Thursday blog struck a nerve in one of my e-mail recipients. Just a few weeks ago, the husband of the respondent was saying that my blogs have been too mild. He loves it when the banter goes back and forth, and I do too (but not Linda). Think of my daily writings as one of the many columns on the editorial page of a newspaper. Every columnist on that page has opinions of everything from politics to life, etc.
You may not agree with my position on any subject, which I decide to talk about, but the writings should stimulate your own thoughts and opinions.

Also realize that my ideas come from family and friends. You guys are the best source for my material.

Okay, I might stretch the actual truth and facts a bit on any issue, and sometimes my ramblings might be too personal, but life is too short to sweat the little stuff.

I am not the only one to say that "life is too short"! The fundraiser last night was for a columnist for the Berkshire Eagle who was sitting in a wheel chair with an amputated leg. He is a baby boomer who didn't pay attention to what his doctors told him to do, and the doctors started cutting off toes and eventually his leg. In his Thursday morning column, he used those exact words. For some people, it takes a while to realize that fact.

One of my email recipients had a successful kidney transplant on Thursday. He can verify that "life is too short" for all the physical problems which he has been going through.

One of my UNICO friends told me yesterday at the fundraiser that he is going to Boston to get a lung transplant (non smoker) within the next couple of months.

If everyone each day started off with my philosophy that "Life is Good", the aches and pains which a majority us get as we age will be minor stuff compared the people who need transplants, heart bypass surgery, cancer issues, etc.

The "World according to Curley" may be in disagreement with your philosophy of life, but once in a while an email recipient might agree with a particular position of mine.

Sports -- The Boston Bruins and the Boston Red Sox won their games on Thursday. The Boston Celtics play this evening. I never thought of having a bottle of wine while watching my sporting contest in my Man Cave, but I am open to a change. Not!

Social Calendar -- Linda has a Wound Clinic appointment at 1:30 PM today. We are guessing that it might be her last. We are also hoping that they will tell her to stop taking antibiotics.

Linda and I did go to Patrick's Pub last night after the pasta fundraiser for some fun and entertainment. The Irish Band was great. The band was still playing as we left at 10:45 PM. About two seconds after my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

I am supposed to play golf with the seniors this morning at 9:30 AM. If it doesn't warm up from the 27 degrees which it is right now, you won't see the Curley Lad on the golf course.

This evening we are going off to the Shamrock Pub at 5:30 PM with a bunch of Irish Sister City friends for some food, fun, and merriment. It is "Good Friday" in the Christian world. It is supposed to be a day of fast and abstinence. I will try to be a good Christian, but it might be difficult at an Irish Pub.

I was just thinking that when it is time for me to depart this earth, I want it to happen in the middle of an activity which I enjoy doing like on the golf course, in a Pub, or in my man cave, at a house party, etc., but not in a hospital or in a nursing home. I have seen the inside hospitals, and the inside of nursing homes too often and they are not fun places to spend the last few days of anyone's life.

Well, I am going to end this email right now before I get myself in any trouble like I did yesterday. I do thank all of you for reading my daily blog. If you disagree with my opinion on something, I like hearing from you. I know that my conservative friends (and independent ones) can't wait to pounce on my Liberal Democratic views, but it is nice to hear from some other email recipients too.

Have a great weekend.
Surround yourselves with family and friends which Linda and I will be doing. Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: