Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friend,

I can't be long winded today because our grandchild will be getting up any minute. Grandpa is in charge of the early morning shift of childcare.

Our Friday went very well. 11 of us seniors teed off around 9 AM. They golf pro and the golf course superintendent did allow golf carts to be used. The weather bounced around from hot to cool during the whole round. The coolness won out as we finished 18 holes. I had a good front nine, but I faded on the back nine. Our team of four lost the maximum amount of $3 per person. Oh Darn!

I came home and took a two hour nap so that I could recharge my batteries for the Wine Tasting event.

Linda had a delightful bunch of hours for a bandage change, a little last minute food shopping for our weekend guests, etc. She enjoyed doing things at her own pace, and not being bugged by me.

The wine tasting was well attended and a fun event. At our next board meeting, we will get a financial update of how much profit was realized. I would say that there were at least 300 + people who attended the event. I am so glad that I reserved two tables before I played golf at Berkshire Hills. Linda won an oil change from the place which we take our cars to when they need to be serviced.

I missed seeing our grandchild before he went to bed. He stayed up a little later than usual, but that doesn't mean that he will stay in bed longer. He loved playing with his dad's set of Matchbox cars. Grandpa and Max will be playing with them in a little while.

Kevin, Max and me haven't decided what we are going to do when Linda and Kyla are at the 11 AM wedding shower at the Country Club of Pittsfield. The weather should be okay for us to spend time outdoors, or at a nearby public playground. Kevin and Kyla want to also bond with some friends who live in Pittsfield, and with some other friends who are in town for the wedding shower.

The Southern tornadoes are the second worst ones which we have experienced in the United States so far. The death toll seems to be rising each day. The count is 350 plus.

Sports -- I always talk about sports, but I couldn't believe the report that a school system in Texas built a 60 million dollar stadium for High School football. The Stadium will seat 18,000, and it will replace the old 14,000 seat Stadium. For those people who could care less about sports, this high school has a 600 person student band. Those people in Texas think big in everything that they do. My Red Sox lost another game last night by one run.

One of the most interesting things that happened last evening at the wine tasting is that I found out that an Irish Sister City friend and I are related on the Curley side of the family. You know when you get talking about this person and that person; well all of a sudden my friend says that she is a cousin to my cousin. As we kept on chatting, we realized that we are third cousins. It definitely is a small world.

Well, I have to quietly sneak out the front door and get the local newspaper from my driveway. I would like to a few more minutes of quiet time before the energizer bunny and the two dogs get active.

Have a great Saturday and Sunday.
Linda and I will be having a fun day and weekend for sure.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: