Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

My body was aching by the end of the day on Monday, but it wasn't from working out at Retro Fitness. I spent at least three hours moving deck furniture from the deck, and putting it into one half of our garage. Three glass tables, twenty chairs, 3 small tables, a whicker set of furniture, removal of wall decorations, etc. took multiple trips before the screened in room was furniture free. The screened in room is where I stack the furniture items for the winter. The room is only 14 feet by 14 feet large. At 1 PM, my neighbor comes over with his chain saw and a ladder, and he cuts down the choke cherry tree in the back of our storage shed. In another two hours, I ended up with two wheelbarrows of firewood, and a pile of the small branches which are sitting on the lawn in the back yard. I hopefully will chop those branches up, and stuff them in the back of my car and take them to the resource recovery plant at some point today.

Linda was doing chores in the house, and trying to transfer photos from her camera to the computer, and eventually to a flash drive. Our grandchildren are growing up so fast that we have to keep changing the pictures throughout the house. This process took Linda multiple hours to do.
Linda also went around the house, and made a list of tasks which have to be done before Kevin and his family arrive this weekend. Guest bedrooms become storage areas when not in use. Of course, she also mentioned that the bathrooms could do a little cleaning. Oh Darn! She weaved in a quick grocery stop too because we needed some basic supplies.

Linda did hook up with a girlfriend around 5 PM to see a movie and to have supper within walking distance of the downtown theater. Linda did say that I would have liked the movie "Lincoln Lawyer."

Social Calendar -- Linda is off to her regular Tuesday Mah Jongg session at a friend's home at 11:30 AM today.
I have enough to keep myself busy for a couple of days. I am going to do my outside project first because I can't have a messy backyard when the grass is trying to grow. I also have to change my closet from the winter stuff to the summer like clothes because we have some summer weather in the forecast for today and tomorrow. Even thought we will hit the 70 degree mark, we will have to deal with thunderstorms for a couple of days and rain shower possibilities through Friday. The weekend is going to be sunny, and ideal for taking care of our grandchild, Max, and the two dogs.

A Pittsfield friend called yesterday, and said she was doing a pickup of a friend / relative who was flying in from Ireland. She said that she was going to Kevin's restaurant for some food before they headed back to Pittsfield. I haven't got all the details of how the food experience went, but she did say that Irish Soda Bread was on the menu. Linda and I brought multiple desserts for the Easter Dinner at Kevin's home including one of my Irish Soda breads. I am guessing that Kyla wanted some of the leftover desserts out of her home. She doesn't want Max to get hooked on sugar laden products. My Irish soda bread does have 3/4 of a cup of sugar in my recipe which will end up in two loaves of bread. I actually cut down the recipe by a quarter of a cup. I am wondering if Kevin sold any of my Irish Soda Bread to his customers. If they liked it, I might have to pass on the recipe so that Kevin can make multiple loaves in his huge Hobart mixing machine.

I can't believe that someone created a dog fighting App. Did the creators seriously think that it would be a go with some many people still remembering the Michael Vick dog fighting incident?

I also heard that the price of gasoline has peaked, and we might start to see prices going down as we soon enter the summer vacation period. While on the Mass Turnpike the other day, we saw a huge camping trailer hauling their car which was attached to the back of it. We were trying to guess how few miles per gallon that they must be getting before they have to refuel. I guessed that this vehicle must have been getting no more than 10 to 12 miles per gallon.

I also see where the wedding list to the Royal Wedding has all kinds of people on it. A single English Pub owner was on the guest list of the 1900. He is on the list because his Pub has been frequented by the couple many times before they were even engaged.
Can you imagine what the cost of this event must be? Can you imagine the number of people required to prepare the food and serve a room of 1900 people all at the same time? Can you imagine the liquor bill for such a crowd?
Can you imagine the number of Americans who will be glued to their televisions to watch this Royal Wedding? I might not be one of them!

Another tornado struck and killed 5 people in Arkansas yesterday. More severe weather is forecasted today as the front moves east. Every time that the media shows pictures of the destruction that these storms have done, I count my lucky stars that we have been tornado free. You can see the pain that these people are going through as the media shows pictures of what is left of their destroyed homes. To work your whole life making this place we call home, and within in instant it is turned in to rubble. This has to be so heart breaking.

I think Matt Reilly's Pub might make us supper once again tonight. We have to take advantage of the Fish and Chips special because it goes off the menu pretty soon. I should be cooking something on the grill, but there is no deck furniture out there right now until the deck gets re-stained.

I have a couple of Boston based sporting teams doing battle to keep me entertained this evening. No, I won't be bonding with Linda while drinking a bottle of wine. How many sporting contests do you watch where they advertise wine as the beverage of choice? Yes, I know that the wine lovers don't watch sports for the most part. Do they really know what they are missing?

Have a great Tuesday at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: