Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned in Curley world on Good Friday. I took a rain check on golf with my senior friends, but that is okay because I accompanied Linda to her wound clinic appointment at 1 PM.

Update -- Linda is done with taking antibiotics, but she still will have the VNA nurses coming to our home twice per week to change her bandage. Since the wound is still draining, ever so slightly, the wound clinic doctor said that she must continue with the VNA nurses, but she doesn't have to go to the wound clinic every week. Her next appointment is now two weeks from yesterday. Today is the two month anniversary of the Hernia from Hell ordeal.

Our friend who had the kidney transplant, and his sister who donated her kidney, are continuing to improve at Brigham & Women's hospital in Boston. Linda might not be able to visit them right now, but at least we get daily updates from his wife.

To add more stress to the kidney transplant surgery ordeal, the gas furnace in their home stopped working yesterday. The repair person had to be called in before his wife went off to the hospital.

I actually received a telephone call on Friday morning from my golfing buddy. His hot water tank in his home sprung a leak. He had to call a plumber, and his hot water tank has to be replaced.

Linda and I did go off to the Shamrock Pub last evening with three Irish Sister City friends. We had much food, fun and merriment for the couple hours that we were there. We figured that the Shamrock Pub would be busy on a Friday night since Friday is when they specialize seafood products, and it was Good Friday. Not!

After supper, all of us decided that we would return to our homes, put on sleepwear, and just relax. Since I had a sporting contest to watch, I went into my man cave to watch the Boston Celtics basketball game. The Celtics lead their series by a 3 to 0 margin. I decided to watch the Red Sox game in bed. I didn't last to long before it was "lights out" for me.

Light snow is falling right now in the Berkshires, but most of you are sleeping, and it will be washed away by the rain as temperatures rise. We might hit 50 degrees on this rainy Saturday.

Sunday should be warmer, but Linda and I will be with our son and his family in Tewksbury. There will be 7 adults, and Max around the dinner table. Ham is main meat on the menu.

Linda and I decided that we are going to wait until our grandson goes to bed on Sunday night before we head home. We can't stay an extra day because we have a full day on Monday booked in on our social calendar.

Politics -- Senator McCain wants the United States to get more involved with helping the rebels in Libya.
President Obama wants us to help the protestors in Syria who are being killed by the current people in power. Here we go again! Should we get involved with every nation that is having internal conflicts? I thought that religion was the root of many of these conflicts, but our democratic form of government must look pretty attractive. The only problem is that these waring nations have to realize that change doesn't come quickly. As an example, it took us a while to give women the right to vote. We had our own civil war over the slavery issue.

Well, I have some quiet activities to take care of before I wake up Linda. She actually wants me to wake her up at 7:30 AM. We should be exiting Pittsfield no later than 8:30 AM.

I chatted with my father yesterday. He continues to heal well from his aneurysm surgery. He is back driving his car. He will be celebrating Easter Dinner with his his wife at the nursing home.

Have a great Easter in whatever way you choose to celebrate it. Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: