Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

I just got through preparing a Corn Chowder Crock Pot Recipe. I mentioned this recipe before, but Linda and I decided to make for the first time today.

Our Tuesday went well, but I spent from 8:30 AM until 2:45 PM bonding with my father in Lee. An occupational therapist and a physical therapist showed up at his house yesterday to assess my father's situation.
On Thursday, the VNA nurse, The Occupational Therapist, and the Physical Therapist will come to work with my dad.
In between the Occupational therapist, and the Physical Therapist, I made dad a hearty breakfast.

I went from Dad's place to do a few errands, and I never arrived home until almost 5 PM. Linda actually called to see why I hadn't arrived home. She thought that I got lost along the way.
I say this because when we went out for supper, I stopped at "Stop Sign", and I waited for the light to turn. There were no traffic lights at this intersection.

My and Dad and me never made it to the Memorial Service for his friend. He felt that he didn't have the stamina to make it through the service.

Linda and her Mah Jongg ladies had a fun time at our house. Linda was a bit tired when their session ended around 4 PM.

Since I wasn't home to make supper, we decided to let Matt Reilly's Irish Pub make us supper. Tuesday is two Fish and Chips dinners for $17.95.

After we arrive home, we both put on sleep wear. I went into my Man Cave to watch the Red Sox do battle in Cleveland and the Celtics had a home game.
Well, the Red Sox are off to an 0 and 4 start to the season. It was so clod in Cleveland that there were about 7,000 fans at the game. I saw one blanket covered couple leave their seats and head home after about 3 innings of the game. Baseball in March and April shouldn't be scheduled in the Northeast and in any cities near the Great Lakes. The Celtics did win their game.

I put an artificial log in the fireplace in the family room so that Linda and could be warm and cozy while she watched "Dancing with the Star". Last night was one of those "Separation is Good" evenings for the both of us.
I don't know how my readers with one television in the house can function.
I just can't sit through some of the programs which Linda loves, and she feels the same way with what I watch.

Speaking of artificial logs, we ran out of them a couple of days ago. I went off to Walmart, and they had already taken the logs off of their shelves.
I go over to Price Chopper, and I had to have a manager go into the back room of the store to find me a box. I wanted the large size logs. He comes out with one box of them and the cardboard was broken on the box. The stores did make a correct move to put away those logs because we shouldn't be in need of setting up a fireplace at this time of the year. The temperatures should be warmer than what we have been getting. I drove home in a heavy duty snow shower when I left Lee and headed toward Pittsfield. All the higher elevations picked up a coating of snow. Around Pittsfield, the snow melted as it hit the ground.

It is 30 degrees right now. The temperatures are going to reach a high of 50 degrees before some afternoon rains come in. There is some 60 degree temperatures predicted when the weekend arrives, but we might have to dodge some rain drops.

The Red Sox will be playing the Yankees at Fenway starting on Friday night. The air coming off of the ocean at this time of the year is usually brisk and cold. I will be watching the games in the comfort of my own home.

I haven't made a decision to hook up with a friend to play golf. My friend has mid morning dentist appointment, and wanted me to hook up with him after his appointment. My friend is willing to play golf alone which might be the case today.

Social Calendar -- Linda has a BONCO session this evening. A friend might pick Linda up, and take her to BONCO.
I am totally free which is highly unusual. I do have the Boston Bruins to keep me entertained.
I did notice that I have to get an inspection sticker for my Subaru. I will do that after the VNA nurse changes Linda's bandage.

Fundraiser -- I saw in the Berkshire Eagle yesterday that UNICO is preparing another Pasta Dinner on April 21, 2011 at the ITAM. It is for a columnist who writes for the Berkshire Eagle, Derek Gentile. He avoided seeing a doctor for many years, and the doctors have started to amputate portions of his leg(s).

Politics -- Same old same old. We are going to have to shut down government if a compromise can't be reached. Could a Tea Party Candidate or a person whom the independent voters like solve this yearly tug of war? I would bet not!
Governor Cuomo had to make some tough budget cuts to balance the budget in New York State. There were some grumblings from the people who might be affected by the cuts, but the Governor has stood his ground. Can you believe that this Governor is a Democrat?

Have a great Wednesday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: