Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Our Tuesday went exactly as planned. I spent most of the morning straightening up a portion of the garage before taking a nap.

Linda had her bandage changed just before heading off to play Mah Jongg.

After I woke up from my nap, I finished savoring a book while Linda was doing her thing. We bonded for an hour or so before we headed off to Matt Reilly's Pub for fish and chips for two.

After we arrived home, we put on our sleepwear, and settled down to watch a little television. Linda put a Duraflame long in the fireplace of the family room, while I headed for my man cave to watch the Boston Celtics Basketball game.

The Celtics did win game 2 of their playoff game against the Knicks, but my Red Sox couldn't win their fourth game in a row in Oakland,California. I didn't stay up and watch the 10 PM game, and good thing that I didn't.

Weather -- The temperature on Tuesday never got above 45 degrees in Pittsfield. We had a light rain for most of the day. Even though Tuesday might not have been great weather wise, we sure are lucky that we live in part of the country where the severe weather is at a minimum. I watched some of the weather channel in between my sporting contests, and there were tornado threats in multiple places. This year might end up being a record for the number of tornadoes which hit the United States. One part of the country, as reported on the weather channel, was getting softball size hail as we were getting a little rain.
I am not sure if I would rebuild in the same area in which a tornado destroyed my home.

Politics / News -- The world news sure is depressing from what I scanned on my I Pad. I might just spend more time focusing on family and friends, and mentally put all the not so nice stuff on the back burner. Who cares whether a movie star is not happy with her breast implants? Is Charlie Sheen taking shots at President Obama a newsworthy event, when Charlie's life is out of control? The Royal Wedding has taken up so much of the news, I am ready to gag! Who cares who is on the wedding invitation list? Just get the darn wedding over! Of course, there will be a large segment of people in the United States glued to the television to see the Royal wedding take place a at the end of this month including my family members. They will soon realize who they got stuck with, and that most of us males have so few Prince like qualities (and money).

Observation -- I was wondering if there was an art to opening a cereal box. While Linda was sleeping yesterday morning, I decided to grab a bowl of cereal. I picked up this box of cereal that looked like a child opened it. I had to go into the garage and locate some duct tape to repair the shredded box cover. Linda was wondering if I would notice the difficult time that she had over this past weekend (since I was baby sitting in Tewksbury) trying to gently open this new box of cereal. She said the glue on the box cover gave her a real problem so she tried opening it from the other end after she ripped first end a little.
Could it be time for the cereal manufacturers to redesign cereal box covers so neither males nor females will have difficulty opening a cereal box?
We did have a good laugh about the situation.
I have noticed that other boxed items like Saran Wrap, Aluminum Foil boxes, etc., present a challenge too.

Social Calendar -- Linda is going to accompany me for a follow up doctor's appointment at 9:30 AM.
We were invited to go to the movies this evening with another couple to catch a 7 PM movie. Of course, the movie will be starting as the Boston Bruins do battle against the Montreal Canadians. I made a suggestion that we take in a matinee, but this couple is booked into an afternoon massage. They are both going for a massage, and the massage will be getting over at 5 PM.
For me, I have never had a massage, and I have no great need to get one. The couple, who we are going to the movies with, are one of those touchy feely couples. I am not sure if I could lie still, and relax while a stranger touches my body. I suppose I wouldn't know unless I tried getting a massage.

Well, I have to put out the garbage, and finish my morning routine before Linda wakes up.
Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: