Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

Saturday went okay until we decided to go for Pizza at the East Side last evening. Max got so cranky that our pizza turned into a take out one. When we got the pizza's home, Max lost his crankiness, and ate three slices of pizza.

The day was mostly a pleasant one. Max liked being outdoors, so I took him up to visit the DiSimoni Lad's almost three year old granddaughter. They bonded quite nicely too. I also had Billy and Frankie Beans with me, and they bonded nicely with the DiSimoni dog. When we went inside to see the Matriarch of the family, Max spotted a container of Jelly Beans left over from Easter. After sampling a couple, I had to hide the container.

When we arrived back home, Kevin was washing and taking care of his car. Kyla said that Kevin has become obsessive compulsive about keeping his car in pristine condition.

Max and I took a nap at the same time. After 30 minutes the telephone rang, and it was Ginny Brodeur. She knew when I answered the telephone that I was in a deep fog. She was calling to give us and up date on how her husband was doing with respect to the kidney transplant.

Jerry was discharged from the hospital, and was back in his own home by 4:30 PM on Saturday. He does have to go back to the hospital next week to be tested to make sure that his new kidney (donated by one of his
sisters) continues to do what it is supposed to do.

Speaking of kidney transplants, who do Linda and I see at the Wine Tasting on Friday night? My former colleague who has two kidney transplants was there helping out with the D.J. He told us that his first kidney lasted 18 years. They normally last about 10 years. He has had his latest kidney for 3 years. My former department head could tell Jerry a few stories about the trials and tribulations of kidney transplants. My friend is a volunteer at the dialysis unit at our local hospital where he spent many days like the Broduer lad did at Lowell unit.

After supper last evening, Kevin and Kyla left to visit a friend who built a house in the wood in a neighboring town. There were supposed to sit by a bond fire and socialize until the wee hours of the morning. We had to provide them with some cold weather gear because the temperatures dropped into the 30's last evening. I just turned the heat back on to take the chill out of the first floor of the house.

We are supposed to have abundant sunshine with a high of 68 degrees today. From Monday through Saturday of next week, cooler temperatures highs in the 50's are predicted. There is a chance of rain for each one of those days too.

Today, Kevin and Kyla are going off to brunch with a bunch of their friends. I am not sure of when they are heading back to Tewksbury. When they do leave Pittsfield, my lawn will be getting a trim before a rainy next week arrives.

During Saturday afternoon, we coordinated a visit with my mother and father at the nursing home. Max was a bit active, but at least he got to see his great grandparents.

My Boston Bruins won the first game of the next round of the playoffs. They beat the Philadelphia Flyer on their home turf. My Red Sox lost another home game. They are in a funk right now, and they are losing to teams that they should beat.

Have to go Max needs a playmate. I hear thumping in the bedroom in which he has been sleeping. He has bionic ears, and he probably heard me when I went down stairs. We will be playing with Matchbox cars until he gets hungry for breakfast.

Have a great Sunday.
You know what Linda and I will be doing today.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: