Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

Hope that all of you had a great Memorial Day weekend and Memorial Day.

My day started with me going off to Lee to install a couple of air conditioners for dear old dad, a cutting of his postage stamp size grass, and the putting up of an American and Irish Flag. Dad was in good spirits, and he told me that he did join the Senior Center in Pittsfield. My sister and I hope that he takes advantage of what the Center has to offer each day of the week.

When we came home, Linda and I packed up the Potato Salad and the Crab Dip, and headed off to a Memorial Day picnic. The picnic was wonderful. There was much food, fun, and merriment from 2 PM until a little after 8 PM. One of the guests wanted to take a dip in the pool, but our hosts don't have one. The appetizers were some dips, homemade pork ribs, and a stuffed pastry which contain caramelized Vadalia Onions and feta cheese. The pastry was topped with a slice of prescuitto. The main meal consisted of grilled beef tenderloin, sausage, hotdogs, potato salad, and a green salad with several ingredients from one of the guests' garden. The hostess made strawberry short cake. She made her own biscuits and whipped cream too. These hosts really know how to throw a party!


One couple didn't eat any of the appetizers, and left before the main meal was served. I hope that it wasn't something I said. I did tell them that I was a Liberal Democrat. The husband of this couple fell asleep while we were munching on appetizers. He must have gotten bored with my conversation. To be fair, this couple partied until midnight the night before with their son and daughter-in-law. This couple is in the 50 year old range. They did admit that they very seldom stay up until midnight. They couldn't keep up with the 20 something's, and who really can except for a few us baby boomers.

My Ohio relatives and friends must be in a State of shock with all the bad press that the Ohio State football has been getting. Their Mr. Nice guy football coach has resigned. Ohio State is facing all kinds of NCAA violations and sanctions. One of their star players, who was suspended for 5 games last year for selling memorabilia, is being investigated again because he allegedly received cars too! My Ohio relatives are the ones who had me take them off of my daily blog because I beat up on the "Tea Party" too many days in a row. I had wished that they would just "give it" back to me by responding on my blog. When my conservative friends don't like what I say, there aren't afraid to respond.

Albert --> My weight loss program failed at the picnic. There might have been some artery clogging taking place during the picnic. Some red wine will open those arteries today.

Speaking of today, Linda has two fun activities. She has her usual Tuesday Mah Jongg Session at a friend's house, and then this evening she has her once a month BONCO night. Next month Linda will be hosting BONCO. If I am home on that night, I will be hiding in my Man Cave.

For me, I have a totally free day. I would be playing golf, but there is a Massachusetts State Amateur Qualifying round at Berkshire Hills Country Club. These are the golfers who shoot 30 to 40 strokes better than I do. I might go and watch some local golfers. I could possibly pick up a few helpful hints to help my pathetic golf game. Before I leave the house, I have to water all the flowers. When we pulled into the driveway last night, the hanging baskets on either side of our garage needed artificial respiration. Linda only likes the selection and planting part of all the flowers which we purchased. My job is to keep them alive throughout the summer.

CNN -- If you protest in Egypt, and you are a woman, and you are arrested, you are going to get a "Virginity Test". An Egyptian general did admit that this was done during one of the protests. Do you think that this country might want to adopt a more democratic style type of government? Women are treated like second class citizens in this part of the world! Do we as American believe that we can reach an agreement with people who violate their own people?

Another high level official got himself in trouble trying to assault a house keeper in a Manhattan Hotel. I guess this violation must happen more often that we think.

While at the picnic last evening, a friend asked Linda and me if we wanted to go camping with her and her husband during the summer. Linda said that she likes the camping atmosphere, but her sleeping on the ground days have just about come to an end. Air conditioned rooms with a shower and bathroom would be what she would be leaning towards. We do have the camping gear, and the tent, the grill, etc. We have the blow up mattress too. Our roughing it days might be over. We will visit the campsite for cookouts which are always fun. Port-a-Potties when you wake up in the morning or during the middle of the night were fine when we were younger. Maybe I will work on Linda, and we will try camping at least one time this summer.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and water the flowers before the heat and humidity arrives.

Have a great week at work or play.
We don't have a totally free day on our social calendar for the rest of the week including the weekend. Life is too short! Life is Good! Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: