Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

Linda and I had another pleasant and fruitful day on Monday.

I stacked the wood from the choke cherry tree which my neighbor cut down a couple of weeks ago while Linda was finishing her morning routine on Monday.

Linda never did get to sleep as long as she wanted to on Monday. The VNA nurse called at 8 AM to say that she was coming to change Linda's almost non existent bandage at 1 PM. Linda couldn't get back to sleep after the telephone call. Oh Darn!

After my little project, I assisted Linda in more thinning of her clothes. This time she went through about 8 buckets of her clothes. We finally are emptying a few of those 18 gallon buckets. She has one more closet to go through, and she should be ready for the summer. Luckily, we received a post card in the mail from the Big Brothers, and Big Sisters organization, and they will be picking up the bags of clothes on May 17. All we have to do is put the bags on the street with the post card attached, and a guy in a truck comes by and picks them up.

Don't forget that this weekend is the national wide food drive based out of local Post Offices. This means that I will have to go through the cupboards, and see what the Curley's can share. The drive takes place this Saturday.

We have another nice day predicted for today. It will be sunny and 65 degrees. You might be wondering why I am not on the golf course during these sunny days? This weather is ideal for doing projects. If I complete all of these projects then I can concentrate on my golf game, and not worry about anything else.

Speaking of projects, I think that I am going to head off to my father's place in Lee while Linda goes off and plays Mah Jongg at a friend's home. He has already asked me to do some window cleaning. His driveway and garage needs to be swept / vacuum cleaned. He uses the town of Lee salt and sand mixture during the winter, and the sand is everywhere. It gets tracked into his house which will need a cleaning too. I might save the installing of air conditioners for another trip to Lee.

I will definitely need an afternoon nap if Linda and I are going to make it through our 6 PM Irish Sister City Meeting. I am guessing that some of the Irish Sister City members, including Linda and me, might be heading off to Patrick's Pub after the meeting for some food, and merriment.

Sports -- My Boston Celtics looked like an old and worn out team as they lost last night in Boston. They are 1 and 3 in the playoffs against the Miami Heat. The next game, which could be their last, takes place in Miami.
On a happier note, the Red Sox won an extra inning game in dramatic fashion last night so I went to bed a semi happy man.

I see were Schwarzenegger and Shriver announced they are separating after 25 years of marriage. The curse of the Kennedy clan continues. They haven't said why the separation occurred, but some reporter will find out the sordid details.

I squeezed in a wake yesterday before going off to my long UNICO meeting. A friend's mom died. This woman was in the same nursing home which my mother is in. This was one of those wakes where I am convinced that the wishes of my parents when they depart this earth will be respected by my sister and me. My parents just want a graveside service at their previously paid for plots at the Catholic cemetery in Lee. They do not want a wake, or a Funeral Mass.
The wake for this elderly person yesterday had her son and his wife as the only people in line for us wake goers to express our condolences too. All the friends of this woman have long since departed this earth.

I see where some States got to use some of the $2.4 billion Dollars earmarked for high speed rail projects. In a couple States, the Republican governors rejected using the money. I am guessing that these Republican Governors wanted to show their constituents they want to stop spending what we don't have. Mark my words, their not taking the money will come back to bite them!

Our son, from Tewksbury, had a contractor (the Brodeur son) stop by and look at a project that needs to be done in Kevin and Kyla's lower level of their home. Kevin puts his son, Max, who is into Matchbox cars, into the front seat of the contractor's truck. Max, who will be two this summer, didn't want to get out of the truck.

Well, I have some quiet projects to do before heading off to Lee.
Have a great day.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: