Friday, May 27, 2011

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

It was a slug day for me on Thursday. I was able to watch the Red sox win another one. I did bond with Linda while doing a couple errands until we came home and had lunch. I parked my butt on the couch in front of the television while she went off to do a little recreational shopping.

She came home in time to whip up a crab dip for evening gathering with her girlfriends who are finalizing plans for their annual Cape Cod trip. Since I didn't have sports to watch, I hit the "list" button and watched previously recorded programs which I like to watch.

My lack of doing much physical labor on Thursday was an attempt to conserve my energy for today because I won't have time to take a nap. I will be going from a round of golf with my senior buddies to the ITAM for another one of those pasta fundraisers. Linda has a busy day also. She starts off with her once a month Pittsfield High School retiree breakfast, then on to a mid morning body maintenance appointment. She then ends the day with a matinee at the Beacon Cinema, and supper with some girlfriends.

We did get some rain in the Berkshires last night, but we didn't lose power like some western New York areas. There were no tornadoes in our area.

Our Super Mom daughter-in-law from Kansas gathered up her one year old, and her three year old, and went off to the MCI airport in Kansas. They were all set to get on an airplane to see our son who is currently in Tucson, Arizona. Well, things didn't go as planned. The airplane which they were supposed to depart on experienced hail damage, and the flight was cancelled. She was told that the earliest that they could get them out was on Saturday morning. I don't know what she did when she got this bad news.

We did get invited to a cookout on Memorial Day. Linda offered to bring a potato salad. I think she makes a pretty good one. I have had so many of them that each person has a little twist which makes each one unique. She also will be taking some of her crab dip which is always a big hit. I can't wait for the cookout!

We lost another 7 soldiers in Afghanistan. Could some one convince me that we should be there fighting a war? We are going to a send off party next weekend for a guy who will be deployed to a war zone. Our son will be shipped off to a war zone shortly after he gets his family moved to Southern Georgia. My radio talk show host friend thinks that all of us in the United States should write letters to our legislators, and begin protests like they did for when the Vietnam War was taking place. The Radio talk show host is a disabled Vietnam Vet, and he has the physical and psychological scars to prove it. There was a Vietnam Vet at the political fundraiser which I attended the other night. His body his so mangled from the ravages of war that he took 15 minutes to walk from a table at the Italian American Club to his car. I offered help, but he and his wife declined my offer. It took so much effort for this friend to take just one step at a time. He was trying to walk with a cane, but he looked like it is time for him to be in a wheel chair.

I see where they extended the Patriot Act. I believe that this was a good move since we have so many violent and crazy people in the United States and in the World. If you live by the rules in the United States, I see nothing to fear.

My Red Sox did win a rain shortened game in Detroit. They scored 14 runs for a second day in a row. When my day ends, I have the Red Sox and the Boston Bruins game to keep me entertained.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper and load up my car with golfing gear, and food preparation gear. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: