Monday, May 2, 2011

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,


Max and I were the first ones up on Sunday. I was up before Max started making noise. I did have a chance to compose my morning blog before I heard him stirring.
I played with him from 6 AM until 8:30 AM until Linda woke up. It was so good to have another set of hands to help out with childcare as I was in the middle of making Max breakfast.

I thought that Kevin, Kyla, and Max were going to spend a longer portion of the day with us, but that didn't happen. All of a sudden, they packed their bags, loaded up their car, and they were gone. They stopped at a friend's home in Pittsfield on the way back to Tewksbury, and had breakfast, and visited with the friend's daughter who is about 5 months younger than Max.

It took Linda and I a couple of hours to return the house to that of a retired couple. You would not have known that a toddler and his parents, and their two dogs spent the weekend with us.

I needed a nap after the clean up.

I did give the lawn a trim after I woke up.

Sports -- My Red Sox won their game, but the Celtics weren't so fortunate.

I finally used my new grill, and we had some burgers for supper. We couldn't sit on our deck or in the screened in room on the deck because all the furniture is sitting in one bays of our garage in preparation of the staining of our deck. This means no parties on our deck until the deck is stained. Oh Darn!

We have an very full week coming up. Just to give you an example, I will use Wednesday evening; Linda has a Girl's cookout at a friend's home, BONCO, Knitting at Panera Bread, and we got invited for supper at an Irish friend's home. Since they all start at the same time, there might be a problem!

Social Calendar -- I have some outdoor projects while trying to dodge the rain drops.
Tonight we are off to a political fundraiser at the ITAMI. I believe that we are collecting donations at the door for the Mayoral Candidate Marchetti who we are supporting.

Weather -- The local weather guy who I am watching right now said that we are in for several cool and showery days for Monday through at least Wednesday. I don't mind the cool weather when doing outside projects, but working in the rain is not fun.

Politics -- I was listening to a sports talk program as I was trying to fall asleep last night, but the President took preference over sports. Our President was announcing that Osama bin Laden has been shot and killed. It was announced just now that Osama was buried at sea, and it was done in accordance with the burial laws of the Muslim faith.
The President said that he had secretly ordered the best and the brightest minds and military to track him down. They caught him in Pakistan.
I now wonder what crazy, but deadly person, will take over the rains of the terrorist organization.

Kidney transplant person Jerry Brodeur continues to improve. I would bet that he will be so happy to return to all the activities which he was able to do before his kidneys started to fail. It might take him a while to do so, but that is a pretty good goal to look forward to.

Linda and I are trying to find a couple days during May that we can go and visit with him. Jerry actually has a birthday this week, and it should be a pleasant one to celebrate. Both Jerry and Ginny have been longing for some positive news, and I think that they have finally have gotten it!

Well, I have to finish my morning routine.
I am going to be so quiet, and I hope that Linda sleeps as long as she wants too.
I hope that none of her friends call her until at least 10 AM.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: