Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,

Hope that you all had a pleasant Friday. I must admit that there was a little tension in the air at our home after Linda read my Friday morning blog. She knew my comments about Third Thursday would elicit a response from at least one person who I picked on. She was also upset that I semi spilled the beans about the surprise retirement party. Good thing that I was on the golf course, and not in the home when she read the morning blog. When I did arrive home from golf she wasn't speaking to me!

Her party did go well at the Asian Restaurant. After Linda told the whole story about me and my blog, one of the ladies wants to be added to my daily blog.

While the ladies were partying, a couple of husbands who belong to some of these women were bonding with me in my "Man Cave". We had a couple of beverages while watching the Red Sox game, and solved all the problems of the world. The Red Sox spanked the Chicago Cubs in an inter league game by a score of 15 to 5. The Boston Bruins hockey team plays this afternoon at 1 PM. I hope that I have finished my projects before game time.

In keeping with the thought than my family and friends provide some of best material to use in my blog, I will tell you a story. Last weekend, a friend had a couple relatives staying for the weekend. One morning the elderly guest got up early, which is not unusual for us aging citizens, and turned on television. She had the television cranked up to the maximum volume. Her daughter, who was also a weekend guest, comes down stairs and asks her mom: "Are you deaf?" The mother responds: "Yes, I am fu..... deaf!" The whole point of this little story is that every household has their tense moments, and you have to have a sense of humor to make it through each day. When our friend told this story we all started laughing so hard. Don't forget to include laughter in your life!

I hope that when Linda wakes up, and reads my blog today that she won't be in that fire breathing dragon mode. I hope that the adage that "time heals" has quelled some of the anger that I caused yesterday. I keep reminding Linda that life without me and my blog, and the stress that I cause because of some controversial subjects that I bring up, would end up being such a void in her life if I wasn't around.

She, like many of you, start off each day reading my daily blog. She loves it when I don't make any waves, but that is so difficult for me to do.

Social Calendar -- Linda is socially engaged tonight. She will be attending a "Dancing with the Stars" fundraiser for Cancer at the Crowne Plaza. Some of her girlfriends have actually been practicing with a professional instructors in the Albany area as well as locally.
I will be home watching sports in my Man Cave. When things are a bit tense in a home, it is best to use the "Separation is Good" principle which I go by.

Talking about tenseness in a house, my two male friends and I were discussing last night how all of our wives are getting a little more demanding and a bit crankier as we all age. They have less patience with all of us males. My newly retired friends are starting to notice this too. Our wives have started to create more and more lists of projects for all of us males to do. If one friend has a project done in their house, as soon as another friend sees the change, then this person wants a similar project done in their house. Has condo living become a more attractive alternative to owning a home?

I see where Cher has turned 65 years old? She has kept her youthful look with the help of many visits to the plastic surgeon. Why can't people just age gracefully, and not worry about retaining their youthful looks? Eventually you can fight Mother Nature!

I also see where President Obama got himself in trouble with Israel by saying that he wanted to return to the 1961 structure of Palestinian and Israel relationships and the separate State and border issues. Our President has some bad advisors!

Our son from Tewksbury had some deer in his yard the other day. As I have mentioned before, the Brodeur's and the Curley's from Tewksbury live one street apart from one another. There are wetlands between the two streets where these animals roam. Those deer have visited the Brodeur home before, and have eaten the bushes in front of their home especially in the winter. Deer can be cute, but destructive. The deer in Kevin's yard might be going after the beautiful ornamental bushes in their yard. There is a product which you can purchase at Home Depot called "Deer Away" which I have used before. I had to spray the chemical on the Tulip shoots which the rabbits were eating. "Deer Away" protects your plants and bushes from deer and rodents too.

Well, I am going to try and give the lawn a trim today. There is some chance of afternoon rain, but I can't believe the weather people. It drizzled a little while on the golf course when we teed off on Friday, but it turned into a sunny and nice day for us in the Berkshires.

Have a great Saturday and Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: