Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

Our Monday went exactly as planned including the Red Sox winning their game against the Los Angeles Angels while the Boston Bruins were winning their overtime game against the Philadelphia Fliers.

A bus of Jimmy Fund volunteers from Pittsfield are going to tonight's Red Sox game at Fenway Park in Boston. The bus and the Red Sox tickets to the game are free of charge.

Before I did get to watch any sports, we did have that Political gathering at the ITAM for one of the Mayoral Candidates (Peter Marchetti) who took out nomination papers on the first allowable day which was Monday May 1, 2011. It was a who's who of current and former city councilors, the outgoing mayor, a former mayor from a neighboring community, and pretty much anyone who has political clout. Linda, an Irish Sister City Friend, and me manned a table with political buttons, pens, pencils, stickers, signup sheets for volunteer activities, etc. We manned the table from 4 PM until a little after 7 PM.

Today Linda has her normal Tuesday Mah Jongg session at a friend's home. The VNA nurse is coming to change her bandage before she heads off to today's session. I have enough projects both inside and outside the house to keep myself busy all day long.

We never did get the forecasted rain on Monday. I am starting to lose faith with the weather forecasting people, and their computer models.
They are claiming that we are getting showers this morning, and thunderstorms this afternoon.

Politics -- I see where the conservatives are praising President Obama's move to take out bin Laden, but also they were saying that we can't lower our guard which all of us Americans are very well aware of. I just watched a report that a Pakistani leader is not happy with we Americans invading a sovereign nation without permission. I am convinced that the Pakistani's knew where Osama bin Laden was hiding especially since their version of a military academy was a mile from the bin Laden compound.

Well, I have to finish my morning routine. I also have to review a spread sheet of potential candidates for UNICO scholarships. I have to make my selections before our Wednesday evening Scholarship meeting.

Have a great Tuesday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: