Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

Hope that your Wednesday went very well.

I went to bed a happy man because my Red Sox won a 1 run game in the fog, drizzle, and rain at Fenway Park. At one point during the game, a ball was hit to the Red Sox right fielder, and he almost dropped the routine fly ball because he lost the ball in the fog. If someone had given me a free ticket for that game I would have said: "Thank You, but I am going to watch the game in the comfort of my own home."

Today is our first Third Thursday of the May through October season. I just checked the hourly forecast on the Weather Channel on my I Pad, and the forecast is not good. When a few of us are setting up our canopy, tables, grills, etc., at 3:30 PM, there will be chances of afternoon thunderstorms. If any do roll in, then the forecast says it will rain for several hours after the thunderstorms. If anyone is free, and it isn't raining to bad, our Irish Sister Committee will be selling Irish Bangers on a skewer, Irish Whiskey Cake, and cookies. I picked up the 30 pounds of bangers, in three boxes, at Guido's and jammed them into our refrigerator. Linda does not like the confusion in the refrigerator. Everything in our refrigerator, including the freezer portion, is done by the scientific method. Order is important in the former biology teacher's world! Wow! I just thought of a great part time job for Linda. She could be hired to go into a person's refrigerator, and put things where they logically belong. Would anyone of the readers of my blog hire her as a starting point?

Observation -- We have a set of friends who are changing over from cable to digital television. They haven't had television this whole week because the digital guys like to do the installation when it is a sunny day, which we haven't had in over a week. They also have no computer service in their home, and they have to go to internet Café's to access their computers. They also decided that their cell phones will replace their in line telephones. They also have a guest at their home right now. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in this house watching the three of them interact without their devices. A lot of verbal communication must be taking place. They must be catching up on their reading too.
I would probably go absolutely crazy without my electrical devices if I were in their situation. I would have a heart attack without my sports to watch.

I did have a Chicken Novena last night while Linda was at Panera Bread with her knitting group. There were 18 knitters at Panera's which was one of the largest groups in a long while. When she did arrive home, she said that the house was fragrant. The candle which I lit, and had going on the stove, wasn't strong enough to mask the smell of my chicken leg quarters which I cooked in the oven. I might be banned from cooking greasy smelling chicken in the house for the rest of my life.

I see where Lady Gaga is going to help sell Starbucks Coffee, in what way I don't know. In my mind, Lady Gaga is a younger version of Madonna. All of Lady Gaga's outrageous theatrics are similar to what Madonna did during her younger days. I hope Lady Gaga realizes that we all get a little older and mature each year, and that her beauty will be such a temporary thing. She won't be in demand as she ages. It is good that she is doing her thing when she is young.

I also see where the ravenous media wants to get a picture on Arnold's love child. The media are like pit bulls, and they won't give up until they can identify this child!

Social Calendar -- I will be at the Third Thursday in downtown Pittsfield from 3:30 until 8 PM. I will then go with a group of Irish Sister City Friends over to Patrick's Pub to listen to an Irish Band called Rakish Paddy. This band will be playing there every Third Thursday. Linda won't joining me at all today. She will be going to a book club meeting while I am partying with my Irish Friends. Oh Darn!

Have a great day at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: