Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Did you ever have one of those days where everything doesn't go as planned? It started of with me using the wrong day of the week in my daily blog, and it got worse as the day progressed.
The only positive of the day was that I watered all the newest plants that we planted all around the outside of our house. I will give you an example of a couple of things that went awry. Linda special ordered wooden / copper tops for each deck post. The count submitted was 17, but as they were being installed we actually have 18. A new fan was being installed in the screen in room on the deck. When the fan was almost installed, I realized that the blades would hit a beam going across the room. I had to go to Home Depot and get an extender bar.

Linda didn't fair much better. She had a losing afternoon at Mah Jongg. BONCO took place at friends home which had no fans or air conditioners. The hostess said that she had three air conditioners in her cellar, but her husband hadn't installed them yet. The hostess didn't even have a fan in her house. The 11 women (except for the hostess) used paper plates to fan themselves during the whole evening. It was so hot that the women couldn't wait for the evening to end. No one wanted to even have dessert when the games were over.
Linda is hosting Mah Jongg next month. I will have it so cold in our house when she hosts BONCO that the women better bring their sweaters.

News Tidbits -- We have a new political organization right now. The Latinos formed what they call the "Tequila Party." If you go to a Walmart in Arizona, they will now have section in the store which has all the equipment for anyone who wants to grow their own Marijuana. Medicinal Marijuana is now legal in Arizona. If you want to swim in the ocean in Florida you will have to dodge the Jelly Fish. If you travel to Germany, don't eat the vegetables because 12 people died of Ecoli. Germany has narrowed down where the tainted vegetables originated from. It was Spain! Bath Salts have been banned in Arizona. People are using them as drugs. The effects are like taking Meth. If you go to the parks or beaches in New York, you will not be allowed to smoke.
While at my dad's in Lee the other day, he had his scanner on. Someone called the Lee Police because the person left a dog in their car, and the dog was struggling to breathe. Don't these people ever read the news? I left Linda in the car with the windows shut while I filled up the KIA the other day. She went bonkers after being in the car for about two minutes. I should have been more thoughtful! Oh Darn!

Kevin and Kyla hosted a picnic the other day in Tewksbury. Some friends who have a child a little older than Max slept over their house. They decided to have a picnic on Memorial Day. Can you imagine the food that Kevin and his male friend prepared for the picnic? You have Kevin who owns a sandwich and pizza shop, and the male friend is second in command in the kitchen at an upscale restaurant in Boston. They set up a kids' pool, but the adults ended up in it too. It is good that Linda and I passed on the party genes to our children.
Kevin and Max were home together on Tuesday which is Kevin's day off. Max thought that the picnic was still going on. Kevin set up a blanket in the family room, and Max was content to sit on the blanket, and have some snacks. Can Max be turning into a party animal?

I can't tell you much about how things went in Arizona with our other son and his family because they were staying with another family, and they were so busy that they didn't have time to give us details of what they were doing.

Social Calendar -- Linda is out again this evening. She has to decide which of two events that she will attend. She is leaning toward her Wednesday evening knitting group at Panera Bread. I will not miss her when she is gone because I will be switching between the Red Sox and the Boston Bruins. We have that picture within a picture set up so I can watch both games.

The Red Sox got spanked again last night for a second night in a row. It wasn't a pretty game to watch. I read a complete book on the Kindle app on my IPad. The book was more exciting than the sporting contest.

Observation 1 -- During a senior prank night at Pittsfield High School last week, a person stole $9000 of Senior Class money which was supposed to go toward the Pittsfield High Senior Prom. The advisor left the money in a drawer in his/her classroom. Every school has a safe in the main office. I can't figure out why the teacher would be so inept and leave that much cash in a desk drawer. I really hope that they catch the culprit. The students had a car wash this weekend, but they didn't make that much money to replace what was stolen. This incident might put a damper on future senior pranks at either public high school.

Observation 2 -- Traffic lights are only a guide as to when cars can go through intersections. I have altered my thinking when the traffic lights turns from red to green. I saw a person follow a line of traffic long after the traffic light went from green to red. Luckily, this was not at a main intersection or I would have witnessed an accident. I am a person who looks out my rear view mirrors a lot. Every day I encounter a person or two tailgating me because they think that I am going to slow. What is also scary is when I am at a crosswalk. I stop for pedestrians, but the person behind me often doesn't care about the pedestrians. One of these days I will be telling you a story about being hit from behind, or about the pedestrian who got hit because the person behind me decided he wanted to pass me on the right hand side. My being courteous and following the rules of people in crosswalks might get me killed.

We have another day of heat and humidity before we have the normal 70 degree temperatures with no humidity during the day, and cool nights for sleeping.

Have a great Wednesday at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: