Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,

Another day went exactly as planned. I once again was the first one to leave the house.

Golf -- I swatted the ball so many times that I was exhausted by the time the round was over. We have this thing where we apply the mercy rule when you hit the ball so many times on a particular hole. The scorer in our group had to use that rule for me many times.
I did take an afternoon nap as soon as I arrived home from golf.

Since Linda was sleeping when I left, I had no idea what she had planned for herself while I was on the golf course. She returned a deck planter to a garden center for a different color, and bought some herbs. While I was on the golf course she decided to plant the herbs, and some flowers which she purchased the day before. I think that most of the flower planting has been completed. It is now my job to keep all the flowers and herbs alive for the rest of the summer.

After my nap, I gave the lawn a trim, and watered all of the flowers in the front and rear of the house. The watering of the plants is a 30 minute job in itself. Linda doesn't participate in this activity at all.

Last evening we did go off to the Shamrock to play Keno, and consume seafood. We went with the Dalton couple, and we had a fun time. With respect to me playing Keno, I was on the positive side of what I spent playing some games, but I didn't win enough to pay for our meals. I was a bit luckier than Linda was. The Massachusetts Lottery Commission was the big winner!

Red Sox -- I went to watch the Red Sox in bed which of course is useless when I get in that reclining position. I decided to change from the television to the "put me to sleep" radio since the Sox were losing by a 6 to 5 score late in the game. Well I missed the Red Sox coming back from a deficit to win the game by an 8 to 6 score. Oh Darn! The Red Sox and Boston Bruins play this evening.

Social Calendar -- Besides me doing some morning errands, the only thing on our social calendar is a 3 PM picnic in Worcester. This is about a 1.5 hour drive from the Lee Exit of the Massachusetts Turnpike. There will be much food, fun, and merriment at this picnic / going away party for a soldier who is being deployed to Afghanistan. Linda whipped up a non mayonnaise dish which doesn't have to be heated in our host's oven. I would to have had Linda make her potato salad, but we were given strict requirements on what to bring by our hostess.

Speaking of food, Kevin opened his restaurant in East Boston the other into the wee hours of the morning. They were making a movie which has the actor Kevin James in it right outside of his restaurant. During the day a few days earlier, the filming crew used all the spaces out side his restaurant while filming. Kevin lost any kind of money making ability that day. The filming crew asked Kevin if he would open his restaurant during the night time shooting of the movie. Kevin and his partner fed the cast and crew all night long. He went home at 4:30 AM after the filming was over. The filming crew really liked a particular sandwich which Kevin makes called the "Vermonter". They made over a 100 of them. I am really hoping that this is like the first step of Kevin getting a reputation that his restaurant can successfully provide food for a filming crew. This could be the start of a good thing since they do a lot of movie making in East Boston right next to his restaurant or in the immediate area.

Observation -- I was dragging a hose to water the flowers next to the Kia which was sitting in our driveway on Friday. I have noticed more and more dents in the Kia. These dents are not caused by Linda or me. These are the kinds when people open the doors of their cars / vehicles, and just put dings in our car. Both Linda and I are careful when we open our cars in tight spaces, but it seems like other people don't care at all. I am not talking about scratches, but actual dents in our car. Do you think that I am over reacting? We spend a good deal of money for purchasing the car, and maintaining them. Linda and I just can't afford to get a new car every couple of years because of some rude and careless people.

Weather -- The temperatures in Pittsfield and Worcester will be about the same. The highs for this sunny day will reach about 72 degrees. As the sun starts to set, I will have a sweater nearby.

Well, I have to finish my morning routine.
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: