Friday, June 3, 2011

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

Thursday was another day that went as planned except that I am one tired buckaroo from working that Big Brothers and Big Sisters Auction Fundraiser. This was a sit down meal for 100 guests, which included salad and bread to start off with. We served a platter of eggplant parmesan at every table. The main meal consisted of Chicken Parmesan, with fresh green beans, and pasta on each plate. For dessert, we served vanilla ice cream with some chocolate syrup, and a dollop of whipped cream.

Linda had a relaxing day without me around until she went off to the 7 PM concert at the Colonial. Since the Colonial is about 250 paces from Patrick's Pub, she joined a table of us Irish Sister City friends. After a little socializing, we left Patrick's Pub a little after 10 PM. The food, fun, and merriment was still going on when we left the Pub. I was asleep as soon as my head hit the bedroom pillow at 10:30 PM.

Social Calendar -- Linda has to do a couple of errands while I am playing golf with my senior buddies. I will then come home and take a nap after golf. Our evening plans have not been set, but I am leaning for some Fish and Chips at the Shamrock Pub for supper. It doesn't matter to me where we go for supper; I will let my social director make the final decision.

Observation -- I sent off an email to a neighbor yesterday, and the first thing that I put in the e-mail was: "Hope that you had a great Memorial Day weekend!" Boy that was a big mistake. The Matriarch of the family who is few years younger than me was doing some flower planting. She stepped off of her deck into a hole made by the family dog, and broke her ankle in two places. Linda chatted with her yesterday after her orthopedic appointment, and she chose to wear a boot because she didn't want to be incapacitated for the rest of the school year. She is a department head of business, and is very involved with her students. The Prom is coming up too. She didn't want to miss any of the senior week activities. It is not my ankle that is broken and I don't know how bad the breaks are, but I would have had the ankle reset, and a cast put on. If she has to walk a long time with the boot on, she could end up walking with a limp the rest of her life. She is one dedicated teacher.

It is a balmy 47 degrees, and we might reach 70 degrees before this day is over. I have to call the Pro, and see what time we are teeing off today. I am not sure if there is a Golf Tournament at the Club either today, or next Friday. Whenever there is a tournament, we tee off at 7:30 AM.

No Boston team was playing yesterday. The Red Sox are at Fenway tonight, and the Bruins do battle on Saturday night.

I never did call my father on Thursday to see if my cousin from Florida made it back from Sturbridge as the tornadoes were striking that area on Wednesday. An Irish Sister City friend was coming back from Boston as the storms moved from west to east. The storms were south of him, and he missed them. I also sent an email to a friend who lives 8 miles east of Sturbridge. She said that a few tree limns fell next to her house, but her house was not damaged. Linda and I are going to a picnic at this person's house at 3 PM on Saturday.

Well, I have to get the food preparation gear out of my car, and replace it with golf clubs.
Have a great weekend which I know the Curley's will be having since we are booked in for Saturday and Sunday. Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: