Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

It is so quiet in our house right now. I miss our grandchild's smile as he wakes up each morning, but it is nice to get back the the retiree routine.

I did enjoy my sports watching in my Man Cave last evening. I watched the Boston Bruins win their game and tie the playoff series. The final Stanely Cup game takes place tomorrow night in Vancouver. The Canucks have won three games on their home ice, and the Bruins have done the same. It is winner take all tomorrow night. In between commercials, I watched the New York Yankees lose their game against the Cleveland Imdians by a 1 to 0 score. Their loss made me happy. On the other hand, it was sad to see Dercik Jeter pull up lame with a calf muscle pull running to first base. He is 6 hits short of the 3000 hit mark as a Yankee. The Red Sox do battle in Tampa Bay this evening.

Social Calendar -- We have another full day scheduled for this Tuesday. I am supposed to play a quick nine holes of golf at 9 AM. It is lightly raining out right now. My friend and I don't do golf in the rain. I have some house projects to take care of. We purchased one of those Bistro Tables and two chairs which means some assembly required. Linda has her Tuesday Mah Jongg session from 11:30 AM until 4 PM. We don't have the evening off since we have an Irish Sister City Meeting at 6 PM in the Pittsfield Public Library. Since I am the recording secretary, I can't miss the meeting. I am not sure if we are heading off to Patrick's Pub for some food, fun, and merriment after the meeting. We will have to see how tired that we are after the meeting.

The news seems to be much of the same old same old.
CNN did report that the drug cartels in Mexico are using American made guns. How do the guns make it to the drug dealers? Our government does background checks on legitimate gun owners, but some how guns get into the hands of the bad guys. I see more regulations being put on the American arms makers which will filter down to the average citizens.

On the local level, another sexting message sent to an ex girlfriend by the chief of police in Saratoga Springs, New York got him in trouble. He was doing the sexting in the basement of the Saratoga Police station / city hall. Some of the local politicians in Saratoga want the Police Chief fired. Technology is a great device when used properly like when our children send pictures of the grandchildren at an amusement park, playing in their back yard, riding their bicycles, taking their first steps, etc.
I can get myself in trouble on my daily blog when I take a political stance, look at something through my eyes, etc. Good thing that I don't know how to work a camera, or function on Facebook. These skills would open me up to a whole bunch of potential problems.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and do some quiet chores before a decision has to be made about golf this morning. Have a great day at work or play. Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad.

No comments: