Monday, June 6, 2011

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

Yesterday went as planned. I was the first one to leave the house once again on Sunday. I had to go off to a local radio station to pick up some gift certificates that Linda got during a Radio Auction. These were food certificates at two restaurants. I watered all the flowers on our property, and then got ready for the day's adventure.

The Team Jacob (Relay for Life) Fundraiser at O'Laughlin's went very well. It was well organized, and it appeared that this team did a good deal of hustling for all kinds of gifts for the Chinese Raffle. We took chances on all food and alcohol items. Linda did get a telephone call last night from one of the organizers saying that she had won a $25 gift certificate to George's Liquor store. My most favorite items were a barbecue gift set which had a value of $100. My second choice would have been a cardboard replica of the Green Monster wall at Fenway Park which would have looked good in my man cave. All of these prizes were outside the back of the PUB. Inside the Pub were many groups of musicians playing in 45 minutes sets.
We were there for the first set of musicians (and 4 more), and the band was Rakish Paddy. The lead guy of this band is the father of the now three year old Jacob. Jacob looked pretty good physically and he and his older brother were running around the Pub. Jacob is now on a once a month treatment schedule according to his dad. It is so sad to see a little child have to go what he has gone through. Life seems so unfair. Some people are just dealt an awful deck of cards, but this family is dealing with the situation. We left as the party was still going on because we were trying to recover (mostly me) from the picnic from the day before.

Social Calendar -- You would think that the Curley's would have an occasional day off. Not! We are both leaving the house at about the same time today. Linda and some girlfriends entered a Mah Jongg Tournament at Cranwell. The local Hadassah group organized this fundraiser event. While Linda is doing her thing, I will be attempting to improve my golf game at Berkshire Hills Country Club about the same time that the Mah Jongg Tournament is taking place. Linda has a 3 PM appointment at a girlfriend's home. She will be missing her 3:30 PM golf with some girlfriends. Oh Darn! I think that we are not socially engaged this evening, but you never know in this family.
As I look at the calendar for this week, there are no empty spaces right through the weekend.

News -- The world is in its usual turmoil. A suicide bomber killed a whole bunch of people in a bakery in Pakistan. How cruel is that? The economy in the United States has sunk to such a low that the Stock Market dropped multiple points. The Republicans have a whole bunch of issues with which to attack the Democratic Party. Oh Darn!

Since I did not have any Boston Sports Teams to watch last night, I watched "60 Minutes". The show focused on Lady Gaga. I still think that she is a clone of Madonna who likes to show even more of her body than Madonna ever did. Gaga went to Catholic School. Madonna, who is of Italian Heritage, most likely was brought up in the Catholic faith. Religion sure helped put a twist on these two entertainers. I was in my Man Cave watching this program. When I came upstairs and told Linda what I watched, she was crushed. She really likes Lady Gaga, and she has all of her albums. I guess that Linda and I should communicate a bit more often.


Well, I have to finish my morning routine, and I don't have to be quiet. Yeah! Have a great week at work or play. Talk to you soon, The Curley Lad

No comments: