Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

Another day without the wife around turned out to be a pleasant one. The only stressful part of the day was doing a little housework. Whoa! Do I sound like the Queen of the household, or the Master of the household? My mother never asked my father to clean and spruce up the house. My father fixed things, but he never cleaned toilets, and mopped floors. Has our baby boomer generation been whimpified? I don't mind helping out with certain aspects of house cleaning, and I will give you an example. As we get older, the weight of the vacuum cleaner has become a difficult device to carry up and down the stairs of our Colonial Style house including the stairs to my man cave for Linda.
One of my baby boomer friends does everyone's clothes in his home besides cleaning his house. He even presses some garments of the family members. My mother always washed my clothes. Whoa again! Do I want my wife to be like my mother too? Did I marry her because she had that mother like quality?

Speaking of marriage, now that New York passed a law to allow same sex marriages, there still are some problems. If you are a religious person who wants to marry a person of the same sex, there aren't many religious institutions that recognize the marriage. The institutions will not allow you to walk down the isle, and have a Church wedding. The Catholic Church is one of those institutions which has no tolerance for gays.

I did see where a 99 year old bachelor in a nursing home got married for the first time to an 87 year old woman who is also in the nursing home. I guess that you are never too old to get married.

If you get a chance to see a short video of a police car hitting a bear as recorded on the Dash Cam, you will see how dangerous it is when you live in area where wildlife abounds. When I drive at night time, I always try to be careful in woodsy type areas, because any type of animal can dart out in front of you. Our military son hit a killed a deer (which we eventually ate) when he was on a Christmas vacation from the Air Force Academy many years ago. I have hit a wild turkey, and all kinds of rodent family type creatures. I have never hit a deer, but there have been several incidents where I stopped the car as deer crossed right in front of the bumper of my car.

Another must see video is where a customer chased three teenagers in a small town as they went into a Walmart and walked out with three cases of beer without paying for them. She followed the teenagers to their car and jumped on the car, and got dragged for an instant. She got bruised when she hit the ground. The cops caught the car full of teenagers. The interesting part was when the lady received an e-mail from the parents of these thieves. The parents praised the action of this concerned female citizen, and hoped that the teenagers would get the proper punishment for what they did.

The YMCA Wing Fling went very well. This was my first time working such an event so I didn't know what the procedure was. Each volunteer serving the wings had two trays of wings from a particular restaurant. When the trays were empty, our responsibilities were over. The event started at exactly 7 PM, and my trays were empty at 7:45 PM. Some restaurants severed ribs too. As volunteers, we had free access to the food. Since my Achilles Tendon was really bothering me, I decided get off my feet, and go home and watch the Red Sox. This was a waste. The Sox lost their game. The Yankees won their game, and the Yankees have taken over first place in the division. Oh Darn!


Linda did communicate with me about 10 minutes before we received our instructions of how we were to serve the wings at the Wing Fest. Linda said that when the sun popped out on Cape Cod, everyone from their motel scurried right to the beach.

The rain has stopped in the Berkshires, but we might have more clouds than sun compared to other parts of the Northeast. Monday will be the picture perfect day of the upcoming week.

Social Calendar -- Linda is still on Cape Cod. My only "must do" task is to hang some stuff in the screened in room on our deck, but this is after reading the Sunday newspapers. After I take my usual nap, I will be going to picnic which I was invited to.

Well, I woke up too early this morning so my nap might be an earlier than my normal one.
Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: