Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned. My morning appointment went well even though I had to have Linda take me to and from the 8:30 AM appointment. One of these days she will be able to sleep as long as she wants. I did have a prescription for two Valium. One I was supposed to take before the procedure, and one for after. I did take the one before the procedure, but I saved the second one for Linda. I was starting to drive her crazy as the day started. When she was half asleep, I started asking her where the Dunkin Donuts plastic coffee mugs were located. She went into our out of control plastic container cupboard and grabbed one (she put them in there). She proceeded to drop the mug, and broke a piece of plastic off of the cover of the mug. This is how our day began even before we left the house. Oh Darn!

After the procedure, we did some errands together. After a few stops, she decided to drop me off home, and go out shopping on her own. I guess she was using the "Separation is Good" Curleyism.

Linda did go off to her 6 PM knitting group, but they all got trapped in Panera Bread because of the rain, thunder and lighting, and the hail, which was golf ball size.
When Linda and the ladies decided it was okay to go back to their homes, Linda had to walk in a huge puddle of water which had formed right outside her driver's side door. Her cutsie leather shoes got soaking wet. Oh Darn!

I am hoping that neither of our two cars got hail damage because they both were outside in the storm.
I also hope that all of our flowers survived the storm.

Observation 1 -- One of the first stops on our Wednesday adventure was to the Farmers' Market. As soon as we got out of the car I observed a man wearing a wig. The guy and his wife appeared to be in his mid 70's. I have come to the conclusion that men can't wear wigs. Everyone that I have seen jumps out at me as being a wig. Women can wear wigs, but men just can't do it. I say that you can't fight Mother Nature. You can look at old photographs, and see how much hair that some of you used to have, but those good old days will never return. If you body is unsuccessful at growing hair as you grow older, don't fight it, but embrace it. Comb overs don't work, just ask Donald Trump. I love it when a friend who has lost so much hair says that he is going for a haircut. I start thinking about how few hairs that the barber or hair stylist has to work with. One of my friends just shaves the few hairs on his head that he does have. Maybe some day, I will lose some of the hairs on my head so I better be careful what I say because it could come back to bite me. My hair stylist / barber is Linda. At least she has something and someone to work with.

Observation 2 -- I was chatting with a friend who has been waiting on his wife a little since she has been incapacitated. I asked him how the care giving was going. When he was telling me little stories, I thought he was describing Linda. Here is an example: If I cook Linda an English muffin or a bagel, it has to be crispy. Also, I am not allowed to put much margarine or butter on the item. If Linda asks me to put jelly on the crispy, lightly buttered English muffin, the jelly must be applied lightly too. If I prepare a bagel with cream cheese, the bagel must be crispy, and the cream cheese must be thinly applied. After almost 40 years of marriage, I better get it right. If it was me, I sometimes don't have the patience to wait until it is cooked like they want it. My wife doesn't do well adjusting to change, I am not sure about my friend's wife.

Observation 3 -- I thought a Weiner was another name for a hot dog, but I guess not. Is everyone else tired of hearing about this politician? The media said that his wife is 11 months pregnant which makes the situation messier. A good number of our male friends would never even consider doing such a thing. Our half clothed bodies wouldn't do well on the internet. The number of defects that I have would not be a pretty sight to see.

Social Calendar -- I have an 8:30 AM follow visit today, and Linda doesn't have to come with me. I then am playing a quick 9 holes with a friend at 10:48 AM.
Linda is going out again this evening. She will be attending a book club/ dinner meeting.
I might do a Chicken Novena while she is gone.

Speaking of Chicken, there was a report of trace amounts of arsenic in the chicken we consume. The company which makes the feed for the chickens will change the way that they prepare the chicken feed. That is good news after all the years that I have been consuming chicken.

Weather -- It will be another day of heat and humidity with a chance of thunderstorms like the ones which rolled through last evening. Friday should be a little less humid.

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: