Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

The Queen is back home. She arrived earlier than I thought she would which was at 8 PM. She said that I didn't exaggerate about me describing how awful the weather was on Cape Cod. She said that yesterday was the best day of her week long stay. She said that there was a wedding on Saturday afternoon on the beach at the motel complex that they her and her friends were staying at. The wedding took place in a total fog. I would bet that the couple who got married will never forget their wedding day on Cape Cod.

She didn't come home with a lot of treasures from shopping adventures, but she did have some great dinners at a multitude of restaurants each night that she was on the Cape.

Linda would love to have a day off to recover from her week long adventure, but it will not be happening today. She has her Tuesday Mah Jongg session, and a birthday dinner for a friend at Mazzeo's Ristorante. I was hoping that I could fire up the grill and have a home cooked meal together. Not!

A meal together on Wednesday isn't going to happen either because that is her knitting group gathering at Panera Bread.

We found out that Thursday will be the start of our baby sitting for our grandson Max. Max is arriving at 11 AM, and he will be staying with us until Monday morning. This is the Fourth of July weekend so we will have a lot to keep Max entertained including taking him to a Fourth of July picnic. The home which we will be at has an in ground pool. Speaking of pools, Grandma and Grandpa might have to go searching for some kind of kids' pool today for our house. It sure doesn't appear that Linda will get any days off until late next week. Oh Darn!

His parents and a bunch of friends will be off to a Phish Concert at Watkins Glen, New York. This will be a camping adventure. They arrive back in Pittsfield hopefully to be able to make it to the Fourth of July picnic mentioned above.

Monday was a pleasant day. I went to Lee and installed one of those mirrors so that my father can see up the hill and behind the car so that he doesn't have any accidents. He has trouble with rotating his neck.
He must have passed on the same problem to me. Oh Darn!
I arrived home and gave the lawn a trim, and then took two full bags of clipping to our recycle plant. I did squeeze in an afternoon nap as planned.

News -- I didn't see anything exciting on the news today, but two articles did get my attention. White Bulger did enjoy a pretty good life on the run. He even made gambling trips to Las Vegas out of his Santa Monica apartment. He even went to Boston to take car of some unresolved issues. As I keep reading stuff about him, I almost get the feeling that the Feds knew where he was staying. If you remember, there were many reports over the years that he was somewhere in England or Europe. I think that this was a concocted story so that Whitey could live the good life in California.

The second article that peaked my interest was that a New Hampshire apartment complex has mandated DNA for all the pets which people have. They must be going to hire a dog pop checker. If you don't pick up after your dog leaves a deposit, I would imagine that you could get kicked out of the apartment complex.

Speaking of dogs, I forgot that we will be taking care of Kevin and Kyla's two dogs as well as Max this weekend. Sometimes the dogs are more work to take care of than the grandchild. We have a grumpy neighbor behind us who has threatened to call the dog catcher if I let the two dogs roam. Also the long hair Dachshund doesn't like to sleep alone. He has to sleep on the bed with Linda and I. His legs are so short that we have to pick him up and put him on the bed. I tried closing the door to the bedroom. He will just keep scratching on the bedroom door all night long. This could be a long and tiring weekend. Oh Darn!

I am teeing off with a friend at 8:15 AM. There will just be two of us. I think that we are playing only 9 holes which is fine with me. I have some errands to do after golf, then I have to weave in an afternoon nap. It looks like I might cook some more chicken leg quarters on the grill, and dine in the screened in room on the deck, and watch the Red Sox in that room too. It is another picnic by myself evening! This is not as bad as it seems.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: