Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

It sure was a damp day in the Berkshires on Wednesday. Rain caused our golf adventure to end after four holes. My golfing buddies and I are going to try it again this morning at 7:44 AM.

After yesterday's rain out, I went off to Lee to do some work at my Dad's place. My sister was there with one of her girlfriends checking on Dad to see if everything was going well, which it was.

I did weave in a nap, and decided it was a good day to savor a book. I read the book while watching the Red Sox going down to defeat while the game stopped and started multiple times due to rain delays. If the Yankees had one both games of a day / night double header, they could have knocked the Red Sox out of first place. It didn't happen because the Yankees lost the night game.

News -- I see where the Irish Mob Boss, Whitey Bulger from Boston got captured in California. He has been on the run since 1995. He and his girlfriend has been on the FBI most wanted list. As I read the article about his capture, I think that his girlfriend unintentionally helped to take him down. She was obsessed with keeping her 61 year old body in perfect condition. She had too many body maintenance procedures, and probably did a little too much talking while being taken care of. Now I don't want the females to start commenting about what appears to be a chauvinist statement. I went with Linda while she was getting a haircut a few months back. I sat in the "man chairs" while I waited for her. I brought a book to keep me occupied. I couldn't read the book because the talking among the workers and customers was so loud that I couldn't concentrate.

I see where Lindsay Lohan is heading back to court. She failed an alcohol test. It looks like Celebrity Rehab was not successful for this wacky woman.

A friend sent an article about the war we have at the American / Mexican border. Our President is getting bad advice that it is not a problem. Our border patrol guys are in fire fights just like they were in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan. Maybe if we stopped spending $2 billion per day for the wars that we are currently engaged in, we could spend / transfer a few bucks fighting the Mexican drug cartels, and the illegal border crossings.

There was another earthquake in Japan. Not sure about any damage.

The Deck from Hell continues. Linda will not be coming home to a finished off deck. Our deck stain guy did stain the lower half of the deck on Tuesday afternoon. The rain yesterday washed away the stain. Oh Darn!

Linda is starting to get our dark, rainy, dreary weather on the Cape. Like I predicted, shopping was a way to ease the pain of not seeing the sun. Oh Darn!

Social Calendar -- Today is the Shakespeare Gala in Lenox for big donor patrons. Linda and I usually accompany a donor and her husband for this ticket required function. I might have to represent the family this evening if our friends are attending the function. I love to attend these social gatherings and mingle with the well to do patrons. There are many great appetizers, and complimentary beer and wine. There is also a play which starts around 8:30 PM. I might stay for at least half of the play unless it is a real good one.

Have to go and read the local newspaper, and then get dressed for golf.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: