Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

Hope that you had a great start to this week yesterday. The weather was picture perfect. I squeezed in nine holes of golf. I even had time for a nap so that I could stay up and watch the Boston Bruins do battle last evening.

Linda's day was a long one and she came home mentally exhausted from playing Mah Jongg at the Hadassah Tournament, and hooking up with a girlfriend to do some stuff on a computer. She arrived home near 6 PM. Her and her girlfriends weren't any of the top six winners, but they held their own during the Hadassah Tournament. One Christian friend was asked what Temple she belongs to. I always joke about Linda's friends thinking that Linda would be a great addition if joined a local Temple, but now her friend is on that list too.

Sports -- Well the Boston Bruins really spanked the Canucks last night by an 8 to 1 margin. I hope that they can do a repeat performance on Wednesday night so that they can tie the series before heading off to Vancouver. The Red Sox will be at Yankee Stadium for tonight's game. I can't wait!

Social Calendar -- I will be the first one out of the house today. I have a dentist's appointment at 8:30 AM. This is to repair a cavity under cavity. Oh Joy! There will be a lot of "Drillin & Fillin" before this appointment is over. I would rather be "Grillin & Chillin"! I will then start cleaning some furniture which goes into the screened in room on our deck. This portion of the deck staining is finally over. The main deck will be done soon, but we are waiting for an extra bucket of special stain to arrive by FedEx. Today is Linda's normal Tuesday Mah Jongg session. She will be leaving the house at 11:15 AM, and she won't return until after 4 PM. I think that we have no evening commitment which is good for a change.

Yesterday we lost five American soldiers which is so sad. It is time for us to pull out of the war torn countries before we lose anymore young lives. If we don't do so, we could be in these wars for years to come.

On a different note, a Pennsylvania woman gave birth to sextuplets with the help of some fertility drugs. The children were taken early, and they are all in critical condition. This family of three will now be a family of nine if the sextuplets make it through the next few months.

Observation -- We have had a bunch of house flies in our house for several days, and I think that I disposed of the last one yesterday. I thought that I was part of one of those CSI sitcoms, and that there might be a dead body attracting the flies. Not! Linda admitted that one night she opened the sliding glass door to the deck. She thought that the screen was in place so that the flying creatures wouldn't be able to enter the house. When she shut the door to the deck, she realized that the screen wasn't in place. This meant that for several hours every fly in Pittsfield was going into the Curley home. Just think if these creatures were mosquitoes! Like I said, family and friends are the best source of material for my daily blog.

Politics -- I see where the President's economic advisor is calling it quits. The poor economic status in the United States could be this President's downfall unless things turn around. The Republican have so many people who have "thrown their hats in the ring" as potential challengers to the President that I am sure confused who will be their best candidate.

Weather -- We are going to hit the 86 degree mark today in the Berkshires with a slight chance of some thunderstorms. Summer has definitely arrived in the Berkshires.

Well, I have to finish my morning routine, and get ready for my dentist's appointment.
Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: