Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Tuesday went as planned for the Curley's. My dentist appointment went well even though there was a lot of drilling before the cavity under the cavity got filled. Two shots of Novocaine didn't make all the pain go away. I drooled for several hours after the appointment. My eye doctor appointment went well. My eyes have not changed, but I did decide to get a new pair of glasses which will I will be able to pick up in a week or so.

Linda had a fun time at Mah Jongg. Her girlfriend from Dalton played with this group for the first time, and she really enjoyed playing with the Tuesday Mah Jongg ladies.

We ate supper at home. A couple of Hebrew National hot dogs became our supper. Sometimes "Simple is good!"

Social Calendar -- I have an 8:30 AM appointment which Linda needs to take me too. This evening Linda has her 6 PM knitting gathering at Panera Bread while I am at a Golf Committee Meeting at the Senior Center.

We have no free days on our social calendar right through next weekend. Oh Darn!

Weather -- We have a 90 degree plus day forecasted for today. I don't have golf scheduled because there is a Jimmy Fund Golf Tournament booked in at our golf course with a morning and afternoon round. I have played in this tournament before, but I am not playing this year. I have been asked to join the local Jimmy Fund Chapter, but for once I used the "No" word.

I can't believe that the Weiner's You Tube video is getting more attention than other things going on in the world.

I liked the You Tube video of the female teacher, with 22 years of experience, punching an out of control student in the face. Most people who hear the complete story take the side of a teacher. Unless you have been in the classroom, you wouldn't completely understand how things could get to that point. I would imagine the lawyers for the student will sue the teacher and the school system. Has this situation ever happened to me? I didn't punch someone, but I got very close to doing so. The student involved called her parents, and I got myself in a little trouble. The students in the classroom backed me up. A few years later, I see this student working in a supermarket. She tells everyone in the checkout line that I was her best teacher. Maybe that old saying of "Spare the rod, spoil the child" wasn't as bad rule to go by.

One of the people on my blog worked in the correctional systems not only in the United States, but in other countries through out the world. He will tell you that most prisoners like the structure and discipline which takes in prison. Many of the people who are in our prisons grew up with no one setting discipline guide lines to go by.

Well, I have to finish my morning routine, and get ready for my appointment. Have a great day in heat and humidity for today and tomorrow. Friday will have more seasonal temperatures for golf with my senior buddies.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: