Friday, October 14, 2011

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

I can hear the rain falling on our deck right now. Friday golf for me and my senior buddies will not happen today. This is not a bad thing because I am off to an Orthopedic follow up visit at 9:15 AM.

Linda has nothing on her social calendar which is good because she will be doing some packing for our trip to Georgia which takes place early next week. She also has to decide what she is going to wear for the Saturday wedding that we will be attending. The Church wedding is at 1 PM, but the reception doesn't take place until 6 PM. This means that I could watch some college football in between the wedding and the reception. It appears that our Saturday will be an extra long day!

Our Thursday went as planned. Dad appears to be perking up at the Greylock Nursing Care facility in Pittsfield. His blood pressure was a little low so they had to get permission from his primary doctor before the nurses at the nursing home gave him some medication. He still doesn't have a roommate, and he is enjoying being in a room alone. He also has started eating in the dinning room which should pick up his spirits. I have to check on mom today at the Providence Care nursing home in Lee.
I did set up dad so that he receives the Berkshire Eagle newspaper, and I also held his mail which he can pick up when he gets out of the nursing home.
I will drop off another of his favorite newspapers before I go to the Orthopedic appointment today.

I will then go off to Retro Fitness, and do exactly what Linda will be doing when I get home, packing.

Linda had a long day yesterday. She squeezed in three body maintenance procedures before she headed off to her 6 PM book club meeting. Our paths didn't cross too much at all.

My skimming of the CNN News didn't reveal too much that peaked my interest.
There was an interesting video of a male skydiver and willing female participant (she is a skydiver too) having sex while skydiving. People will do anything to get a video to go viral on the internet.
There was another sex related video interview with expert witnesses testifying that "Mind blowing sex" can cause temporary amnesia for sometimes up to twenty minutes after the act. The female doctor said that this less oxygenated blood as it heads back to the brain can cause the amnesia. Oh to be young again!

James Carville, a former political advisor to former President Bill Clinton, said that the current list of Republican candidates which are hoping to oust President Obama "is a joke"! I think that he is right on the mark with this statement.

I was also thinking about our local elections for Third District State Representative. The political advertisements on radio, the lawn signs, the sound bites, etc., are starting to drive me crazy. They all say that they are going to take care of us in the Berkshires, and they will fight to get much needed funds to fix roads, bridges, and to strengthen our Community College, etc. I wonder if some of these candidates have sat down with former State politicians to see how things really work. As an example, let us say that our Berkshire Community College is in need of a couple of million dollars for some upgrading of the facilities. The newly elected State Representative just can't walk into the State house and make a proposal to secure those funds. If money is needed to fix the Barnstable County jail in on Cape Cod, their Representative will be fighting to secure funds for their project. Usually the Berkshire Representative has to sit down with the Barnstable County Representative and wrangle out a deal and vote so that both Counties get almost what they want.
Another thing that makes the job of a State Representative is that some people think that our Western Massachusetts community ends in Springfield which is over thirty miles from the Berkshires.
The whole point of my words is that the candidates running for any office should really do their homework before even considering running for office.
It will be us voters to make sure that they fulfill their promises if and when they do get elected.
I can hear the wheels turning in the brain of my conservative friend Albert as he reminds me that President Obama has not fulfilled many of the promises which he made.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and get dressed for today's activities. I hope that I am quiet enough so that Linda can sleep as long as she wants. I thought that I was quiet yesterday morning, but she woke up a 6:40 AM. Could she be turning into a morning person? Not!

Have a great day at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley lad

No comments: