Friday, October 7, 2011

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

Our riding lawnmower has officially expired. It would cost over $1300 to replace the motor. The repair guy said that it wouldn't be worth it to fix the mower. We will search for a replacement next spring. The Repair Shop guy said that he could sell us a new machine for a little over $2700. Linda would rather spend that much money for a trip somewhere. A lawn service is looking pretty good right now!


There was also another death because of the frost yesterday. All of our delicate flowers which I decided not to cover died too. I disposed of most of the dead flowers from deck planters, barrels, and flower pots after my nap on Thursday. This wasn't a pleasant task.

I am supposed to play golf with the seniors this morning, but I am not really that excited. My golfing buddies and I thought it was too cold to play on Thursday so we never played golf. It is forty degrees right now, but the warm up (mid 60's) doesn't take place until 1 PM which is usually when our round is over.

I did go to Retro Fitness on Thursday, but it wasn't until the 9 AM hour. I am getting to like this hour for a workout. Opening the garage door at 4:25 AM does have a tendency to wake Linda up since the garage is next to the master bedroom. Linda also has bionic ears, and she hears everything. She hears me when I get up at any time of the morning. There is not much that I do quietly.

Politics -- Congress is still arguing about the President's economic recovery plan as he prances around the country trying to mix a little campaigning along with trying to sell his plan. The Republicans are still against taxing the wealthy, and they want things to come to a vote hoping to prove that some Democrats don't like everything in the President's Economic Recovery Plan. The sandbox mentality continues in Washington, D.C. Oh Darn!

Sports -- The Yankees got knocked out of the playoff which proves that high payroll teams like the Red Sox and the Yankees don't necessarily bring home championships.

The Sports Illustrated "Kiss of Death" happened last evening. Tim Thomas, the goalie for the Boston Bruins, was on the front cover of this week's weekly magazine. The Bruins lost the season opener which was played in Boston. What was really sad was that this game had the ceremony of raising the championship banner. All the pomp and circumstance was not enough to help the Bruins win the game. Oh Darn!

Our friend flew back to her Atlanta home yesterday. She couldn't wait to get back to some warmer temperatures. She is not a fan of cold weather.

We still have resisted turning on the heat. I am wearing a sweatshirt right now, and the first floor temperature is 60 degrees. Since the temperatures this weekend are going to reach the lower to mid 70's, I think that we can still keep the heat off. My next task will be to put away the four air conditioners we have throughout the house.

Linda left a list on the counter of things that we have to do (either today or tomorrow) to get ready for the fall like weather. We need to purchase some corn stalks, mums, bales of hay, and other fall decorations. Linda also likes to decorate the inside of the house with fall decorations. The problem is that we have to find which buckets that the fall decorations are in. She does label buckets, but some are in the garage, and some are in the basement. This means that I will be involved with the decorations in and outside the house.
Good thing that I have been working out for a few days, I can feel that I am gaining muscle strength by working out at Retro Fitness.

Our Military son has arrived back home in Southern Georgia. He does get a few days off before he has to report to his Air Force Base. My dad said that he has been praying that our son would get out of the war torn region in one piece.

Well, I have to decide whether I am going to play golf or not. I like it when we tee off at our normal time of 8:30 AM. The frost was so heavy on Thursday that they wouldn't let people out on the golf course until mid morning on Thursday.
I would rather go off with Linda and get those fall decorations mentioned above.

Have a great Holiday weekend especially since the weather forecast is abundant sunshine and temperatures in the 70's.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: