Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Our Tuesday went as planned. I left the house first as usual, and picked up my dad's favorite newspapers before I headed off to Berkshire Medical Center. Tuesday was discharge day for dad. He currently is staying in Room
115 at the Greylock Nursing Home / Rehab facility located on upper North Street adjacent to Reid Middle School. I will be picking up his favorite newspapers once again today and dropping them off around 8 AM.

I am up early because I have a full schedule today, and I am not sure if I could make it through all the events.
I am heading off to Retro Fitness for the 4:30 AM opening time.
I will take a shower when I get home from the gym, and then go off and pick up dad's newspapers a little after 6 AM. Here is the rest of my schedule:
A. Drop of newspapers to dad at 8 AM at the nursing home.
B. Doctor's appointment at 8:30 AM.
C. Ultra Sound at 9:15 AM
D. Vein procedure at 10 AM
E. Run a REAM luncheon meeting at Zucchini's restaurant since I am President of the Berkshire County Chapter of the Retired Educators Association of Massachusetts.
F. Take an afternoon nap.
G. Attend a 6 PM UNICO follow up Golf Committee Meeting in Lenox.

Linda has a little lighter social calendar than I do. I will meet her at Zucchini's for the luncheon. She has her weekly knitting group gathering at
6 PM at Panera Bread.

While at Retro Fitness on Tuesday around 11 AM, I got on a treadmill that had a bank of four or five empty treadmills. A young woman gets on the treadmill right next to me. A friend of hers stands next to her treadmill, and starts talking to the woman non stop. Luckily I had ear buds, and I was watching ESPN on the television mounted to the treadmill. I lasted 10 minutes before I moved to the elliptical machines that were hardly being used. As I said before, I like to do my workout routine, and keep socialization to a minimum. For some people, they want to do the reverse.
Usually the 4:30 AM crowd is not into socialization because they often go from the gym to work after they take a shower at Retro Fitness. I don't normally shower there since I live exactly 2 miles from Retro Fitness.

I don't have time to think about anything today except for making it through my busy day. Politics, and world turmoil is the farthest thing on my mind.

The nice weather that we have been having for the past few days might turn into just a memory. After a nice start today, we have some after wet stuff coming in. Thursday might be the wettest day of the week. Cooler temperatures and the threat of rain might last through the week, and into early next week. Could fall be actually here?

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: