Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Out Tuesday went as planned, and it was a pleasant one.

Linda was the busiest with her Tuesday Mah Jongg session and a surprise birthday party celebration for a girlfriend at the Shamrock. Linda was the organizer of the event. Linda picked up on a conversation while we were at the Shamrock last Friday night about the birthday girl being taken out by one friend on Tuesday night. Well Linda turned it into a party for 7 or so more people. They ladies had a fun time!

I did go to Retro Fitness, but not at the 4:30 AM time frame. I might have discovered a new time which is less crowded (11:30 AM). It also allows me to weave in an afternoon nap after going to the gym.
My unused muscles are a little stiff today.
New people are signing up for this $89 special for a one year membership with no sign up fees. The special lasts for a few more days.

I didn't have a Physical yesterday; it was just a blood work test so that my one prescription drug will be able to be refilled. My physical takes place in mid December. Oh Joy!

We are functioning with one car today since we are having some routine maintenance done on the Kia. I am using an oil change gift certificate that Linda won at a Chinese raffle at a fundraiser several months ago.

While Linda was doing her thing on Tuesday, I finished savoring another book. I didn't love the book even though it was a James Patterson book. When a book has Patterson's name and another author on it too, you sometimes don't get a great book.

I saw a report of the Doctor Murray (accused of dispensing too many pain meds to Michael Jackson which caused his death) trial yesterday. I guess that I didn't realize that the good doctor had three mistresses, and a wife. One mistress even had a baby by the good doctor. To satisfy 4 women and to take care of Michael Jackson must have been too much for the good doctor to make clear medical decisions when treating the Jackson Lad. Oh Darn!

Mr. Panetta doesn't want any sweeping military cuts as Congress tries to agree to a budget which has some severe cuts. Arms manufacturers contribute heavily to political campaigns especially to members of the Republican Party.

Speaking of political Parties, my radio talk show host friend who is on this blog tries to convince his listeners Monday through Friday on his three hour talk show that the two Party system is killing America. I say give me a replacement model of a system that would work. My friend also advocates voting against almost every incumbent on the Local, State, and National level. To me this philosophy is like "throwing out the baby with the bath water."
I did get a telephone call last night from a Republican friend who asked for my vote in our upcoming October 18, 2011 State Representative election. I told him right in the beginning of the telephone conversation that I was a "Diehard Liberal Democrat". I didn't tell him that I already voted by way of an absentee ballot, and that I didn't vote for him. Oh Darn!

Social Calendar -- Linda and I took a pass on a retiree breakfast this morning at 9:30 AM, but we are both engaged this evening. Linda has her Wednesday evening knitting group gathering at Panera Bread.

I will be heading off to a roast beef dinner / political fundraiser at the Italian American Club for a friend who has some opposition for his councilor's seat in the November 8, 2011 elections. I am pretty sure that my friend will retain his seat. My friend is one of those individuals who don't like to call attention to himself, but he does a great job for our Ward. His opposition is trying to convince the Public that his lack of speaking up a lot is a sign of weakness. Well, for us people who knows my friend, he has solved a lot of issues in our Ward (3B) and in the City of Pittsfield by way of his mild mannered style. You know some people like to grab the microphone at City Council meetings so that they can see their name in the local newspaper the next day. My friend is not one of those people.

I was all set to play golf with a couple golfing buddies today, but we received an email saying that the Berkshire Hill Country Club is still so wet that golf carts will not be allowed today. The superintendent was hoping that carts would be let out on Thursday, but today is not supposed to be a sunny day which would help to dry out the golf course. After today, we should have a week of sunshine.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores, and then do some errands before the garage repair guy calls and says for us to pick up the Kia.
Have a great day at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: