Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

Our Monday went as planned. I accomplished my few tasks before I called it a "day". I tried watching Monday night football, but the two teams which were involved in the game were not that great. Bed was more inviting than the game.
Linda's day went very well on Monday. Her chicken picatta was so good that each one of her book club guests had seconds which meant there weren't many leftovers for The Curley Lad. Oh Darn!

One of my errands was to rejoin Retro Fitness. I normally would be at the gym right now, but I have an early morning task of picking up a friend and eventually dropping off the friend who is having her car repaired.
I also have a routine physical during the mid morning which should be very interesting.

Our social calendar has Linda going off to play Mah Jongg with her normal Tuesday group from 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM at a friend's home. If it stops raining, I have so much to do in the backyard as the flower growing season comes to an end.

Today looks a bit damp out there. This might be the last day before we might see the sun on a consistent basis. The weather forecasters are still sticking with a sunny stretch of great weather right through the weekend as soon as this slow moving front exits our area.

I see where the Italian court let Amanda Fox go free. This case reminds me of the O.J. Simpson trial here in the United States. In my mind, she had something to do with her friend's death, but another less than perfect job by the Italian prosecutors helped to set her free. Oh Darn!

I can't believe that the 2009 "Underwear Bomber" goes on trial in Michigan in a week or so. Does a terrorist from Nigeria have a right to a trial here in the United States? This is another waste of taxpayer dollars. The guy was caught with his "pants down", and there is no juror anywhere in the United States who could possibly find this guy "Not Guilty".

We have some local elections coming up in mid October, and on November 8, 2011. It will be so nice when debates, mud slinging, etc., is all over. Like I said before, the people who do vote are leaning toward voting against any incumbent or people who already are involved in government in some form. Our Mayoral candidate whom we are supporting fits the incumbent mold. Oh Darn!

Well, I have to bring this e-mail to a close, and get dressed.

Have a great Tuesday at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: