Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,

Another day went exactly as planned for us on Friday. We ended up at the Shamrock for food, fun, Keno, and merriment. We socialized with some friends from the ITAM who were playing Keno too. The female friend kept mon telling Linda lucky numbers to play, but when Linda and I went to our table, the Massachusetts State Lottery commission was the big winner.

I am going to Retro Fitness with the 6 AM crowd. I will come home and take a shower, and bring dear old dad his favorite newspaper at the nursing home.
He was in good spirits when I visited him yesterday. His blood pressure is still on the low side, but he is improving steadily.

My orthopedic appointment went well. I asked the Physician's Assistant to take a look at my other leg since the strained Achilles in the right leg isn't bothering me at all. Usually they only deal with the problem in question, but this physician's assistant and I are on such good terms that he did address my new problem. He ordered an X-Ray which is taken right at the orthopedic place, and then he told me the results. There is a crack in the knee cap of my left leg which has healed. Arthritis has set in at the knee cap area, and to the right side of the knee cap. The arthritis is causing the discomfort when I bend that leg, get up from a low chair, get off of the ground when playing with grandchildren, struggle getting the left leg into the car, etc.
Solution to the problem - None! I asked about therapy to possibly help with more flexibility, and the physician's assistant said that I could try it with no guarantees. I said I would try that approach when I kick into Medicare in December. He also said that there is an injection, but not cortisone which lasts 6 to 12 months if I can't live with the pain and discomfort. Linda keeps telling me to "suck it up and just deal with it and stop moaning about it."

Our social calendar has only one item on it today -- The 1 PM wedding at St.
Mark's Church. The reception starts at 6 PM at the Country Club of Pittsfield. It was nice of the couple to allow me to squeeze in afternoon nap!

Linda and I also decided that we are going to Tewksbury on Sunday. We will be watching the 4:15 PM Patriot Game with our son and his family. We can't wait to give our grandson Max a whole bunch of hugs.

News -- I see where President Obama is sending troops to Africa to help get rid of a treacherous War Lord who is responsible for a lot of deaths, kidnappings, etc. The President said that our troops would use force only if fired upon. Yeah Right! More of our young men and women in harms way is an awful thought. Linda and I hope that our son doesn't get involved in another war, but I could see a squadron of A 10 Thunderbolt airplanes in a support role in this war torn area!

It is a little cool outside today. I won't be wearing shorts except for when I am in the gym.

Well, I have to select some gym clothes which I will wear at Retro Fitness.

Have a great Saturday.
Talk to you soon! The Curley Lad

No comments: