Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

Yesterday went exactly as planned.
The wedding ceremony in the Church went very well. My former student, Father John Salatino, who is Pastor of the Church, performed the wedding ceremony.
Since the bride and her family were of Spanish descent (San Antonio, Texas) there was a cord ceremony. Linda and I have never seen this little twist in the marriage ceremony.
The groom was a former student of mine. Linda and I got into a little discussion during the Cocktail Hour. We knew that he was a doctor doing his residency in Connecticut, but we didn't know what field of medicine he was into. He tells us that he is on his way to becoming a Neurologist. One of medical visits this week for me was to see a Neurologist. My former students possibly treating me must mean that I am getting old.

The cocktail hour for me started off with a $16 mistake. I thought the cocktail hour was an open bar one. I ordered each of us our favorite beverage. I took out some dollars for a tip when the bar tender says $16 please! The open bar was for beer and wine, and not for drinks with liquor in them. Oh Darn!

The appetizer food was fine, but let me say the main meals at our table had room for improvement. I will not explain the "room for improvement" comments because I might get myself in trouble.

The only things that we have on our social calendar today are to skim the Sunday newspapers, finish packing, and head off to Tewksbury no later than noon. Our son and his family, and Linda and I will be watching the 4:15 PM Cowboys versus Patriot's game at Gillette Stadium.

The winds outside are howling so much that the multiple wind chimes in our back yard are playing a symphony.
The wind is making the cooler temperatures feel even more cool. I broke down and turned the heat on to take the chill out of the first floor out of the house.
Speaking of chills, we looked at the long term forecast for Georgia. The middle of next week has some days not even reaching the 70 degree mark.
Southern Georgia will be a little warmer, but I can see the locals bringing out the sweaters and jackets. We might have to rethink the type of clothes that we will be packing for the trip. Oh Darn!

Speaking of traveling, the mom of one of the ushers in the wedding has a home in the Berkshires, and a home on Cape Cod. Her Berkshire home was broken into when she was not in the Berkshires. The thief stole all of her jewelry. A good number of pieces were heirloom pieces that were passed on from generation to generation. This woman felt so violated, and Linda and I could feel her pain as she was telling us the story.
It is important to have neighbors or friends who can keep and eye on your place when you know that you will be away from your home. The Curley's have such neighbors!

News -- I did skim the news on line before starting this e-mail. There was the usual violence and turmoil, but I like the family that went into one of those corn mazes, and got totally lost. They ended up calling 911 on their cell phone. This has to be a first for the dispatcher that received this cell phone call.

Have a great Sunday.
As you see from my comments above, we are booked in for a fun one.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: